|No. 44 – Miami Dolphins|
|Born:||July 18, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Deon L. Lacey (born July 18, 1990) is an American football linebacker for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of West Alabama. He has also been a member of the Dallas Cowboys, Edmonton Eskimos and Buffalo Bills.
Lacey was born on July 18, 1990 in Indianapolis, Indiana. He lettered in football and track and field at Hueytown High School in Hueytown, Alabama. He was named All-state, Super All-Metro, Old Spice Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year while playing for the Golden Gophers football team. He also set the school record in the 400 metres with a time of 52.57.
Lacey played football for the West Alabama Tigers from 2008 to 2012. He was named the Gulf South Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2011, recording 97 tackles, nine tackles for loss, four sacks, two interceptions, four pass deflections and a fumble recovery. He finished his college career with 267 tackles, nine sacks, six forced fumbles and five interceptions.
Lacey was signed by the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL on April 28, 2013 after going undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft. Lacey played in three preseason games for the Cowboys, contributing with five tackles. He was released by the Cowboys on August 27, 2013.
He signed with the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos on February 26, 2014. Lacey made an immediate impact with the Eskimos on special teams and increasingly became an important member of their starting defensive unit. In three years with the Eskimos, Lacey played in all 54 games, racking up 144 defensive tackles, 68 special teams tackles, 7 sacks, 3 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and 1 touchdown. Lacey is set to become a free agent in February 2017.
In December 2016, Lacey had workouts with various NFL teams, including; the Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Cincinnati Bengals. On January 3, 2017 the Eskimos granted Lacey an early release so he would be eligible to sign with an NFL team.
On September 3, 2017, Lacey was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills. He was waived by the Bills on October 18, 2017, but was re-signed the next day. He finished the 2017 season having contributed nine tackles. In the following off-season, on February 20, 2019, Lacey signed a one-year contract extension with the Bills. Lacey appeared in all four preseason games in 2019, and totaled 18 tackles. He was released during final roster cuts on August 31, 2019.
- "Deon Lacey - 2012 Football". uwaathletics.com. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Dallas Cowboys: Meet 2013 Undrafted Free Agent Deon Lacey". bleacherreport.com. May 4, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Deon Lacey". esks.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Deon Lacey". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "2017 Free Agent Tracker - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- "Vikings Worked Out 5 CFL Players Including DT Michael Brooks - NFLTradeRumors.co". nfltraderumors.co. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- "New England Patriots work out three Canadian Football League players". New England Patriots. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
- Sportsnet, Justin DunkJustin Dunk was a five-year starter at quarterback for the University of Guelph He covers the league for; 3DownNation. (December 20, 2016). "Eskimos LB Deon Lacey worked out for Green Bay Packers". 3DownNation. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Phelps, Kyle (December 30, 2016). "Bengals tried out group of CFL players". Cincy Jungle. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Campbell, Dave. "Eskimos release NFL bound Lacey". iNews880. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Dolphins Sign 12 To Reserve/Futures Contracts". MiamiDolphins.com. January 10, 2017.
- "Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com. September 2, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (September 3, 2017). "Bills part ways with RB Williams, WR Brown, LB Hodges; awarded claims on three players". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 18, 2017). "Bills awarded waiver claim for LB Tyrell Adams". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 19, 2017). "Bills sign LB Lacey back; LB Adams waived/injured". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (February 21, 2019). "Bills re-sign LB Deon Lacey". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (August 31, 2019). "Bills cut roster down to 53 players". BuffaloBills.com.
- "Dolphins Claim Five Players Off Waivers". MiamiDolphins.com. September 1, 2019.