|Fate||Acquired by Piggly Wiggly|
Not to be confused with Dick's Sporting Goods, an unrelated and still currently operating chain of sporting goods stores.
Dick's Supermarket, also known as Brodbeck Enterprises Inc., was a regional chain of grocery stores in Southwestern Wisconsin founded by Richard Brodbeck. Dick's was based in Platteville, Wisconsin, where its main store was located. Dick's also operated a bakery in Platteville where most of the chain's baked goods were produced. There were also Dick's supermarkets in Monroe, Darlington, Dodgeville, and a number of other small towns in Southwestern Wisconsin; as well as Galena, Illinois and Maquoketa, Iowa. Each Dick's supermarket included an in-house floral shop called the Blooming Basket, and the chain had a loyalty program called Dick's Savings Club (previously Dick's Insider Savings Club).
In 2001, Dick's was acquired by Piggly Wiggly. Dick's continued to operate under the Dick's name until 2006, when they were briefly rebranded as "Dick's Piggly Wiggly", featuring the Piggly Wiggly logo with a small rendition of the Dick's logo above and to the left. However, the Dick's brand has since been scrapped entirely, and all former Dick's locations still in operation are now simply Piggly Wiggly.
- Knee, Bill (December 17, 1978). "Dick's Supermarkets Expand In Wisconsin; Someday Dubuque?..." Telegraph-Herald. Dubuque, Iowa. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- Blocker, Sue (Aug 27, 1987). "Dick's Supermarket Expands In Platteville". Telegraph-Herald. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "Dick's Supermarket". 2005-08-30. Archived from the original on 2005-08-30. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Dick's Supermarket Gets Piggly Wiggly Banner". Chain Store Age. Lebhar-Friedman, Inc. Archived from the original on 2010-12-28. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "Dicks Supermarkets, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- Dick's Supermarket (Archive)