Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School
|Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School|
North North Dighton,
|Motto||Be the DR Difference|
|School district||Dighton-Rehoboth Regional School District|
|NCES District ID||2504200|
|NCES School ID||250420000568|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
$13,694 per pupil
Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School is a high school in North Dighton, Massachusetts, United States. It is part of the Dighton-Rehoboth School District which also serves the neighboring town, Rehoboth, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1961.
The school 's mascot is the "Falcon". It is unknown what type of falcon on which it is based, and there are inconsistencies in various illustrations. The falcon lacks a malar stripe in most instances and is of a color unseen in North America.
It features curricular both academic and vocational, as well as enrichment in music (such as choir and band) and other arts and special education. Academic coursework focuses on language arts, mathematics, science and social studies as well as foreign languages Latin, Spanish, and Portuguese. Other courses at the school focus on current events, and technology.
- Mock Trial - which has come in the top sixteen for the state four years running
- Theatre Company - Director Ellen O'Reilly-LaSalle. Past performances over the past 15 years have included Cats, Evita, Big Fish, The Drowsy Chaperone, Beauty and the Beast, Xanadu, The Little Mermaid, and numerous others. The director is known for including technical choreography and big dance numbers not seen in most High School productions.
- Student Government - which oversees many student outreach programs and events, including Prom
- National Honor Society
- Environmental Club
- A Speech and Debate team
- A large Leo club presence
- DECA - prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- Dighton-Rehoboth Marching Band - The band has made numerous trips to Disney World to perform for crowds of thousands on Main Street of the Magic Kingdom. The DRMB has had the honoring of performing for 94 HJY, the Taunton Christmas Parade, and represented the state of Massachusetts in the National Fourth of July Parade in Washington D.C. in 2014.
As well as many other clubs and organizations.
The Dighton-Rehoboth Falcons have a number of teams, such as
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- "Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School - Dighton Rehoboth Regional School District".
- Dighton-rehoboth Rhs at trulia.com
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Dighton Rehoboth School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Apr 16, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School (250420000568)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Apr 16, 2012.
- "Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "2017-18 SAT Performance Statewide Report".
- "2016 Per Pupil Expenditures Statewide Report".
- Info page at Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School's official Facebook site
- Dighton-Rehoboth RHS at greatschools.org
- Contacts> Contact Information at the school's website
- Our School> Nurse> Nurse at the school's website
- Extracurricular> Activities at the school's website