Dino (Polish supermarket)
Dino Polska S.A. is a Polish retail chain of grocery stores. The retail chain was founded in 1999 by Tomasz Biernacki. Dino supermarkets are generally located in medium and small-sized towns as well as on the peripheries of larger cities. As of 2017, Dino supermarkets are located in the following voivodeships: Greater Poland, Kuyavian-Pomeranian, Lesser Poland, Lower Silesian,Lubusz, Łódź, Opole, Pomeranian, Silesian, Świętokrzyskie as well as in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship. Howbeit, upon foundation, the retail chain only operated in western Poland.
The Dino Polska logistics network is based on three distribution centres located in: Krotoszyn, Jastrowie, Piotrków Trybunalski and Rzeszotory. Due to the expansion of the retail chain, Tomasz Biernacki set up the private limited company Dino Polska Sp. z o.o., whom over the course of the next three years sold all Dino stores to. The continued expansion of the company forced its transformation into a joint-stock company.
Dino Polska stores offer their customers around five-thousand different articles, with each store including a meat counter, selling meat, prosciutto and a variety of prepared meat types mainly supplied by Agro-Rydzyna. Dino Polska is the owner of the Agro-Rydzyna meat plant. Since 2010, Dino Polska is sole distributor of meat and ham products under this brand, buying shares in the company since 2003.
In June 2010, Enterprise Investors, an investment fund, bought 49% of the shares in the company for 200 million Złoty. Since its relations with Enterprise Investors, the retail chain began to markedly expand, from 111 stores at the end of 2010 to 628 stores by the end of December 2016. In April 2017, Enterprise Investors allocated all of its assets onto the Warsaw Stock Exchange. There are 1056 stores as of June 2019. There were 111 markets in 2010, 154 in 2011, 234 - 2012, 324 - 2013, 410 - 2014, 511 - 2015, 628 - 2016, 775 - 2017 and as of 2018 - 977.
- "Jaka jest historia sieci Dino, która debiutuje na GPW? - Handel/dystrybucja". www.portalspozywczy.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "O nas". marketdino.pl. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Dino Polska S.A. – Profil działalności, oferta, mapa, film". Dino Polska S.A. (in Polish). Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Dino chce być najszybciej rozwijającą się siecią supermarketów proximity w Polsce". www.wiadomoscihandlowe.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Enterprise Investors sprzedaje Dino - Enterprise Investors". Enterprise Investors. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Dino Polska S.A. – publikacja prospektu i rozpoczęcie oferty publicznej". Dino Polska S.A. 2019-07-02. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Dino Polska S.A. – corporate website". Dino Polska S.A. Retrieved 2019-09-13.