Do not call list
- Do Not Call Register (Australia)
- National Do Not Call List (Canada)
- National Customer Preference Register (India)
- New Zealand Name Removal Service
- Telephone Preference Service (United Kingdom)
- National Do Not Call Registry (United States)
- Do Not Call Registry (Singapore) 
History of the Do-Not-Call Registry
The examples and perspective in this section deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Consistent consumer complaints spurred Congress to sign the Telephone Consumer Protection ACT (TCPA) in 1991. The TCPA outlined new restrictions on sales calls and the use of automated dialers and voicemail recordings. It also suggested the creation of a database of consumer phone numbers that shouldn’t receive unsolicited sales calls.
While the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) adopted the TCPA guidelines, they chose not to move forward with the establishment of the phone number database.
That changed on June 27, 2003, when the FTC finally set up the Do-Not-Call Registry. Consumers could now register their phone number, and after 31 days unsolicited calls to that number were prohibited and punishable with a fine.
Within just 4 days, over 10 million phone numbers had been registered. By the registry’s seventh birthday (2010) that number had topped 200 million.
Internal Do-Not-Call Lists
Do not call lists also exist internally. Entities making calls must honor requests from residential telephone subscribers not to receive calls, and must record the request, and the subscriber's name and telephone number, on its internal "do-not-call" list. The request must be honored within a reasonable time, not to exceed 30 days of the request.
- Robinson list, a UK opt-out registry of people who do not wish to receive marketing communications
- "PDPC - Do Not Call Registry". Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "A Consumer Guide to the DNC". Archived from the original on 1 January 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "What Needs to be in Your Internal Do Not Call Policy and When Must You Provide It?". Retrieved 19 June 2018.
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.