|No. 55 – Jilin Northeast Tigers|
|Born||October 15, 1988|
Lake Wales, Florida
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Lake Wales (Lake Wales, Florida)|
|College||South Florida (2007–2010)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 25th overall|
|Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies|
|2010, 2012||→Texas Legends|
|2013–2014||Liaoning Flying Leopards|
|2014–2015||Jilin Northeast Tigers|
|2015||Atenienses de Manatí|
|2017||Azad University Tehran|
|2017||Nanjing Monkey King|
|2018||Petrochimi Bandar Imam|
|2018||Jilin Northeast Tigers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dominique O'Neal Jones (born October 15, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Jilin Northeast Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). A noted scorer in college, Jones had the second-highest scoring average in the Big East conference during the 2009–10 season.
Jones entered USF and started every game during his first season. He scored 17.1 points per game with 4.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
In Jones's second season, the sophomore improved his scoring (18.1), rebounds (5.6) and assists (3.9) averages.
Prior to the 2009–2010 season, Jones was named to the preseason All Big East team. Over the season, he averaged 21.4 points while also grabbing 6.1 rebounds and giving 3.6 assists. He scored a season high 46 points in a 109–105 win over the Providence Friars. USF went 20–13 and Jones was named to the 1st team All-Big East team. He led the team with the most points in a game.
He was selected by the Memphis Grizzlies with the 25th overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. The Grizzlies traded his rights to the Dallas Mavericks for cash considerations, reported to be around $3 million.
On November 30, 2010, the Mavericks assigned Jones to the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League, only to be called up early January 2011 after an injury to Caron Butler. He scored nine points in his return, in a 104–95 Dallas win over the Cleveland Cavaliers. A foot injury sidelined him for much of the season after averaging 2.3 points in 18 games. At the end of the season, the Mavericks would win the 2011 NBA Finals.
On January 15, 2012, Dallas assigned Jones to the D-League again. He would be recalled a week later. On February 19, 2012, Jones made his first career three-point field goal against the New York Knicks. On March 10, 2012, Jones recorded his first career start in an 87–111 loss to the Golden State Warriors.
In October 2012, the Mavericks opted not to pick up the team option for the next season in Jones's rookie contract. Jones was waived on March 9, 2013. On March 19, he was acquired by the Springfield Armor of the NBA D-League.
On October 11, 2014, he signed with the Jilin Northeast Tigers for the 2014–15 CBA season. Following the CBA season, he signed with Atenienses de Manatí on March 18 for the rest of the 2015 BSN season.
The Basketball Tournament
In 2017, Jones competed in The Basketball Tournament with the Tampa Bulls, a team made up of USF alumni. Jones' team made it to the Sweet 16 where they were eliminated by eventual champions Overseas Elite. Jones led the team with 28.3 PPG during the tournament.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|2013–14||Liaoning Flying Leopards||38||33||35.3||.473||.278||.759||5.5||6.0||2.4||.3||24.6|
|2014–15||Jilin Northeast Tigers||41||37||40.8||.480||.329||.752||7.8||8.4||2.7||.5||36.8|
|2015–16||Shanxi Brave Dragons||18||16||41.8||.454||.275||.777||8.6||7.4||3.0||.3||32.8|
Jones' forearms are tattooed with the words "Hustler" and "Survivor". After the Mavericks won the 2011 NBA Finals, Jones then proceeded to get a tattoo on his neck of the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy, commemorating his team's victory.
- "BIG EAST Conference – Overall Statistics". Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Dominique Jones ESPN.com
- "Mavs Send Beaubois, Jones". Archived from the original on 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Mavericks vs. Cavaliers 01/03 boxscore
- Sefco, Eddie. Mavericks' rookie Dominique Jones to miss significant time with foot injury
- Mavs recall Dominique Jones from D-League
- Mavericks–Warriors Boxscore
- Practice report: Marion's status vs. T-Wolves undetermined, Mavs cut ties with DoJo
- "Springfield Acquires Former NBA Champion Dominique Jones". Archived from the original on 2013-12-04. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Dominique Jones, Jonny Flynn To Play In China
- Jilin Northeast Tigers signing Dominique Jones
- Dominique Jones replaces Cummings in Atenienses de Manatì
- Shanxi Zhongyu sign Dominique Jones
- Akognon, Dalembert, Franklin and Jordan signed in CBA in December
- "Qingdao Eagles land Dominique Jones". Asia-Basket.com. August 23, 2016. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- J.J. Hickson and Dominique Jones sign with Jiangsu Tongxi
- 同曦官方宣布更换外援 前CBA助攻王加盟 (in Chinese)
- Dominique Jones signs with Petrochimi[permanent dead link]
- "Jones comes back to Jilin Tigers". Asia-Basket. August 7, 2018. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- Photos: What Mavs fans can expect from new-look roster
- Dominique Jones tattoos NBA trophy on his neck
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dominique Jones.|