Don't Let This Moment End
|"Don't Let This Moment End"|
|Single by Gloria Estefan|
|from the album gloria!|
|Released||November 3, 1998|
|Gloria Estefan singles chronology|
"Don't Let This Moment End" is a song by Gloria Estefan, released as the second single in the United States, the third in the United Kingdom, and her fourth globally, from her eighth album gloria!. The song was released on November 3, 1998 by Epic Records.
"Don't Let This Moment End" is a kind of ballad with a Club-Dance background. This song was the second single released for commercial purpose in the U.S. after "Heaven's What I Feel". It was actually a ballad first, but then remixed into a dance-ballad. The song was recorded in two languages, English and French. The title of the song in French is "Que Ça Ne Finisse Jamais" and is only available on the Gloria! European edition of the album as a bonus track.
In 1999 Estefan performed "Don't Let This Moment End" at The Rosie O'Donnell Show.
This single became a smash hit on the dance charts, almost peaking at the top of charts for that field. Also thanks to the song, Gloria Estefan was nominated for the second consecutive time for a Grammy Music Award for "Best Dance Recording", but lost to Cher's smash hit "Believe".
The B-side to this single was "70's Moment Medley" recorded especially for this single release, on which Estefan sang covers of disco songs. On that medley Estefan included:
- "I Thought It Took a Little Time"
- "If I Can't Have You"
- "This Time Baby"
- "Don't Leave Me This Way"
- "Never Can Say Goodbye"
- "Don't Let This Moment End"
Billboard wrote about the song: "The third single from Estefan's electrifying "gloria!" is an inspirational ode to the beauty of that perfect moment in time and should quickly reignite radio interest in this deservedly enduring artist."
The music video of "Don't Let This Moment End" premiered on November 3, 1998 and was directed by Gustavo Garzon. It features Estefan as some kind of a disco diva in a nightclub. In the video she appears in three different styles and looks.
In the beginning Estefan is seen arriving a club in a limousine. Photographers outside the club are waiting for her and she poses for them in a diva manner. Inside the club Estefan starts singing, now in a '70s disco look, wearing a big hair with a flower. People around her are dancing everywhere. There are disco balls and soap bubbles. In the middle of the video she wears a golden dress and a new, more shortened hair style. A mysterious man wearing black sunglasses is seen in the crowd of dancing people and apparently Estefan are looking for him, but they never appear together. Towards the end Estefan again changes her look into a more modernistic look, before she is seen leaving the club. And again she poses for the photographers waiting outside.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||64|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||34|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||27|
|US Billboard Hot 100||76|
|US Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary||30|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||2|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||4|
- The song was covered by Dj Carlos Gallardo with vocals of Rebeka Brow in 2009, their version went to the Spanish chart to the Top Ten, surpassing Estefan's original version.
- "Billboard: Single Reviews" (PDF). Billboard magazine (7 November 1998, page 25). Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Gloria Estefan Don't let this moment end". mvdbase.com. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Gloria Estefan - Don't Let This Moment End". youtube.com. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Scottish Singles Chart 10 January 1999 - 16 January 1999". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Gloria Estefan - Don't Let This Moment End". billboard.com. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Dance Club Play Songs 1998-12-26". billboard.com. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 2009-03-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)