Donnelley Financial Solutions
|Traded as||NYSE: DFIN|
|Predecessor||R.R. Donnelley & Sons|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Revenue||US$963 million (2018)|
|US$74 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a global risk and compliance solutions company based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The company provides software as a service (SaaS) products, software-enabled services (SeS) and distribution solutions to public and private companies in global capital and investment markets.
The company operates in the United States and internationally, with 84% of 2018 revenue coming from the United States, 6% from Europe, 6% from Asia, 3% from Canada, and 1% from the rest of the world.  As of April 2019[update], the company had a market capitalization of $512M.
In December 2018, Donnelley Financial Solutions acquired eBrevia, a provider of artificial intelligence-based data extraction and contract analytics software solutions.
Global Capital Markets (GCM)
Donnelley Financial Solutions' Global Capital Markets business provides software and service solutions to corporate and financial services clients. The company's ActiveDisclosure product is used by corporate clients to create and manage SEC filings, either on an ongoing basis or in preparation for an IPO. The Venue product provides virtual dataroom services to facilitate information sharing in M&A transactions, while the eBrevia product line (acquired in December 2018) provides AI-based contract analysis. The company also owns EDGAR Online, which provides the investment community online access to the data within SEC filings. The GCM segment made up 65% of DFIN's 2018 revenue.
Global Investment Markets (GIM)
Donnelley Financial Solutions' Global Investment Markets (GIM) business provides software and services to investment management businesses, including United States based mutual funds, hedge and alternative investment funds, insurance companies and overseas investment structures for collective investments. The company also provides products to third-party service providers and custodians who support investment managers, and sells products and distribution services to broker networks and financial advisors. The company's products include FundSuiteArc, a cloud-based platform for assembling and managing information required by regulators, and Mediant, a software suite that allows brokers and financial advisors to monitor and manage shareholder communications. The GIM segment made up 35% of the company's 2018 revenue.
- "Company Overview of Donnelley Financial Solutions, Inc". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- "Donnelley Financial Solutions, Inc. 10-K Feb. 27, 2019 4:40 PM". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- CNBC. "DFIN: Donnelley Financial Solutions Inc - Stock Quote and News - CNBC". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- "DFIN Stock Price & News - Donnelley Financial Solutions Inc. - Wall Street Journal". quotes.wsj.com. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Donnelley Financial Solutions Completes Spin-off". Slator. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- Bakshi, Akanksha (2018-12-18). "Donnelley Financial Solutions acquires eBrevia". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- "Donnelley Financial Solutions, Inc". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2019-03-27.