Dorothy H. Turkel House
|Dorothy H. Turkel House|
|Location||2760 West 7 Mile Road|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Frank Lloyd Wright|
The Dorothy H. Turkel House is a private residence located at 2760 West 7 Mile Road in north-central Detroit, Michigan, within the Palmer Woods neighborhood. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and completed in 1956.
The Dorothy H. Turkel House is the only Wright-designed building within the city limits of Detroit. The spacious, two-story residence also represents a rare example of Usonian design, since the "Usonian Homes" were typically small, single-story dwellings. It was recently restored, after years of neglect and vacancy, at a reported cost of one million dollars.
- Hill, Eric J. and John Gallagher (2002). AIA Detroit: The American Institute of Architects Guide to Detroit Architecture. Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-3120-3. P. 208.
- Powers, Rebecca. "Rescuing a Landmark". Hour Detroit. Hour Media, Inc. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Jackman, Michael. "Detroit's Turkel house drips with history". Metro Times. Detroit Metro Times. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Feighan, Maureen. "Frank Lloyd Wright home ahead of its time". The Detroit News. The Detroit News. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dorothy H. Turkel House.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Detroit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|