This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Private - Family owned|
|Revenue||$6.2 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Dot Foods is the largest foodservice redistribution company in the United States. Dot offers over 112,000 products from 830 food industry manufacturers. Dot consolidates those products and delivers in less-than-truckload (LTL) quantities to distributors nationwide on a weekly basis. Distributors can buy a mix of temperatures and products, with a combined minimum of just 5,000 pounds.
Dot Foods was founded in 1960, by Robert F. Tracy, and was originally named Associated Dairy Products to reflect the nature of the business at the time. Tracy began the enterprise by selling an assortment of dairy products out of the back of the family station wagon. Tracy was originally from Jerseyville, Illinois, and moved to Mount Sterling after his marriage.
In 2016, Dot Foods was listed at number 65 on Forbes' list of America’s Largest Private Companies with a reported revenue of $6.2 billion in 2015.
In 2017, John Tracy moved from CEO to executive chairman in the company, and his brother, Joe Tracy, became CEO. Another brother, Dick Tracy, was appointed president. All three are sons of founder Robert Tracy and his wife, Dorothy.
Dot Foods has eleven distribution centers in addition to its headquarters:
- Mt. Sterling, Illinois (headquarters)
- Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Bullhead City, Arizona
- Burley, Idaho
- Cambridge City, Indiana
- Chesterfield, Missouri
- Dyersburg, Tennessee
- Liverpool, New York
- Modesto, California
- Vidalia, Georgia
- Williamsport, Maryland
- University Park, Illinois
- Michael Sheffield (October 7, 2016). "Dot Foods moves up on Forbes private companies list". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- "Nation's Largest Food Redistributor". www.dotfoods.com.
- "Food Products List". www.dotfoods.com.
- "Helping Partners increase Profits through Redistribution | Dot Foods". www.dotfoods.com.
- "Dot Foods names new CEO, president". Jacksonville Journal Courier. March 1, 2017. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- "Nationwide Food Redistribution | Dot Foods". www.dotfoods.com.