Dwyfor Meirionnydd (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Dwyfor Meirionnydd in Wales for the 2010 general election.
|Electorate||45,006 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Pwllheli, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Porthmadog|
|Member of Parliament||Liz Saville-Roberts (Plaid Cymru)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Caernarfon and Meirionnydd Nant Conwy|
|Welsh Assembly||Mid and West Wales|
|European Parliament constituency||Wales|
Dwyfor Meirionnydd is a constituency of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (at Westminster). The seat was created by the Welsh Boundary Commission for the 2010 general election, and replaced the old north Wales seat of Meirionnydd Nant Conwy. Dwyfor Meirionnydd is bordered to the north by Arfon and Aberconwy. The same boundaries were used for the Dwyfor Meirionnydd Welsh Assembly constituency in the 2007 Welsh Assembly election.
This is the safest of Plaid Cymru's four seats, with their candidate in 2017 achieving a majority of 16.0%.
The electoral wards used to create the new Dwyfor Meirionnydd seat are as follows. They are entirely within the preserved county of Gwynedd.
- Aberdaron, Aberdyfi, Abererch, Abermaw, Abersoch, Bala, Botwnnog, Bowydd and Rhiw, Brithdir and Llanfachreth/Ganllwyd/Llanelltyd, Bryn-crug/Llanfihangel, Clynnog, Corris/Mawddwy, Criccieth, Diffwys and Maenofferen, Dolbenmaen, Dolgellau North, Dolgellau South, Dyffryn Ardudwy, Efail-newydd/Buan, Harlech, Llanaelhaearn, Llanbedr, Llanbedrog, Llandderfel, Llanengan, Llangelynin, Llanuwchllyn, Llanystumdwy, Morfa Nefyn, Nefyn, Penrhyndeudraeth, Porthmadog East, Porthmadog West, Porthmadog-Tremadog, Pwllheli North, Pwllheli South, Teigl, Trawsfynydd, Tudweiliog and Tywyn.
Members of Parliament
|2010||Elfyn Llwyd||Plaid Cymru||Plaid Cymru's Westminster parliamentary group leader until 2015|
|2015||Liz Saville-Roberts||Plaid Cymru||Plaid Cymru's Westminster parliamentary group leader from 2017|
Elections in the 2010s
|Plaid Cymru||Liz Saville Roberts||13,687||45.1||4.2|
|Liberal Democrat||Stephen Churchman||937||3.1||0.9|
|Plaid Cymru hold||Swing||1.1|
|Plaid Cymru||Liz Saville Roberts||11,811||40.9||3.5|
|Liberal Democrat||Steven Churchman||1,153||4.0||8.3|
|Plaid Cymru hold||Swing||1.95|
|Plaid Cymru||Elfyn Llwyd||12,814||44.3||N/A|
|Liberal Democrat||Stephen Churchman||3,538||12.2||N/A|
|Plaid Cymru win (new seat)|
- Dwyfor Meirionnydd (Assembly constituency)
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Gwynedd
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Wales
- "Beyond 20/20 WDS - Table view". 2011 Electorate Figures. StatsWales. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- name=Cambrian News>"General Election 2017: The Dwyfor Meirionnydd candidates". Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Gwynedd Council results". Parliamentary Election results - 7 May 2015. Gwynedd Council. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Statement of Persons Nominated" (PDF). Gwynedd Council. 9 April 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Dwyfor Meirionnydd BBC Election - Dwyfor Meirionnydd
- Politics Resources (Election results from 1922 onwards)
- Electoral Calculus (Election results from 1955 onwards)
- 2017 Election House Of Commons Library 2017 Election report
- A Vision Of Britain Through Time (Constituency elector numbers)
|This article relating to a constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom or its predecessors is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|