East St. Louis Community College Center
East St. Louis Community College Center (ESLCCC) serves as host to Illinois community colleges that extend the offering of some of their programs and services to E. St. Louis area residents in the city of East St. Louis. Students can attend community college classes within their home community. ESLCCC is located at the East St. Louis Higher Education Campus in East St. Louis at 601 James R. Thompson Blvd.
History and background
ESLCCC opened in January 1999, on the former campus of Metropolitan Community College. MCC had been closed by the Illinois Community College Board for irregularities in its operations. ESLCCC is operated by the Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Market, a consortium of five Southern Illinois community colleges and the Southern Illinois University Carbondale and Edwardsville campuses. The Center provides for classroom instruction from Southwestern Illinois College and Kaskaskia College.
- Off-Campus Sites | East St. Louis Community College Center
- Kaskaskia College
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-29. Retrieved 2013-01-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Official website
- Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Market (SICCM) website
- Illinois Community College Board website
- Southwestern Illinois College website
- Kaskaskia College website
- SIU Edwardsville website