Eastriggs railway station
Remains of the station in 1991
|Area||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Original company||Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Glasgow and South Western Railway|
|23 August 1848||Opened as Dornock|
|2 January 1865||Re-opened|
|1 May 1923||Renamed Eastriggs|
|6 December 1965||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Dumfries and Galloway Council are trying to find funding to reopen the station.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2008)
The station opened 23 August 1848 as Dornock. Six years later it was closed for a period of 11 years, from October 1854 until 2 January 1865. It was renamed as Eastriggs by the London Midland and Scottish Railway on 1 May 1923.
The station closed on 6 December 1965, although the line through the station is still open.
Station buildings still exist, currently as private houses.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Line and station open
|Glasgow and South Western Railway
Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway
Line open; station closed
- Butt 1995, p. 81
- Butt 1995, p. 88
- "New Dumfries and Galloway railway station funds pursued". Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway