|Mayor of London, Ontario|
|Assumed office |
December 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Matt Brown|
|Member of the Canadian Parliament for London West|
October 14, 2008 – October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||Sue Barnes|
|Succeeded by||Kate Young|
|Minister of State for Science and Technology|
March 19, 2014 – November 3, 2015
|Preceded by||Greg Rickford|
|Succeeded by||Kirsty Duncan|
Edwin Anthony Holder
July 14, 1954
Edwin Anthony Holder, PC (born July 14, 1954) is a Canadian politician, currently the mayor of London, Ontario. He previously represented the electoral district of London West from 2008 to 2015 as a member of the Conservative Party.
On October 19, 2015, Holder was defeated in the Canadian federal election, losing in the riding of London West to Kate Young.
In October 2017, Holder announced that he was seeking the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario nomination in London West for the 42nd Ontario general election. In January 2018, he withdrew from the nomination contest.
On July 12, 2018, Holder declared his candidacy for the mayoralty of London, Ontario to be decided during the 2018 municipal election. On October 23, 2018, Holder was elected mayor, winning on the 14th round of counting in the city's and Canada's first-ever ranked ballot municipal election.
|London, Ontario mayoral election, 2018|
|Candidate||% 1st Pref||Count 1||Count 2||Count 3||Count 4||Count 5||Count 6||Count 7||Count 8||Count 9||Count 10||Count 11||Count 12||Count 13||Count 14|
|Sean M. O'Connell||0.4||370||372||380||389||401||406||416||442||483|
|Electorate: 244,962 Valid: 96,638 Spoilt: 1,297 Quota: 48,320 Turnout: 40.0%|
|2015 Canadian federal election: London West|
|New Democratic||Matthew Rowlinson||10,087||14.8||−10.62||–|
|Libertarian||Jacques Y. Boudreau||732||1.1||–||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||68,027||100.0||$234,017.17|
|Total rejected ballots||286||–||–|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||+14.42|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|2011 Canadian federal election: London West|
|New Democratic||Peter Ferguson||16,109||25.90%||+11.33%||–|
|Green||Brad Arthur Corbett||1,688||2.71%||−7.04%||–|
|Total valid votes||–||100.00%||–|
|2008 Canadian federal election: London West|
|New Democratic||Peter Ferguson||8409||14.57%|
|Progressive Canadian||Steve Hunter||443||0.77%|
|Christian Heritage||Leslie Bartley||253||0.44%|
|Total valid votes||–|
|Total rejected ballots||–|
- "Ed Holder is London's new mayor after historic vote". CBC London, October 23, 2018.
- Josh Wingrove, Steven Chase, Bill Curry And Shawn McCarthy (March 19, 2014). "New Finance Minister Joe Oliver enters with a whisper". The Globe and Mail.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Former Conservative MP Ed Holder officially declares candidacy for London mayor". CBC London, July 12, 2018.
- "Mayor". london.ca. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for London West, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived August 15, 2015, at the Wayback Machine