|Traded as||NASDAQ: SOLO|
|Headquarters||102 East 1st Avenue, |
|Services||Car sales, retail|
Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corporation is a Canadian manufacturer of electrically-powered microcars headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company was established in 2015 by Henry Reisner of Intermeccanica and Jerry Kroll, a former race-car driver and the former CEO of CRAiLAR Technologies.
Electra Meccanica vehicles are assembled from Chinese parts in New Westminster, British Columbia. Retail stores are located in Vancouver, British Columbia, and in Los Angeles, California, with plans for expansion across major cities in the US and around the world.
Electra Meccanica demonstrated its first vehicle, the SOLO, on September 9, 2016. Marketed as a short-range vehicle for commuting, the SOLO is a single-passenger three-wheeled battery electric vehicle. It has a 16 kWh battery, 160 km (100 miles) range, a 130 km/h maximum speed and a 3–6 hour recharge time. Its 82 hp (61 kW) synchronous electric motor produces 174 newton metres (128 lb⋅ft) of torque from a standstill. The SOLO received the Automotive Innovation Award at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show. Deliveries to Canada and the US began in May 2018 at a price of C$19,900 or US$15,500.
At the 2017 Vancouver Auto Show, Electra Meccanica announced the Tofino, a two-seater electric car designed to look similar to Italian-made vehicles of the 1960s. Scheduled for release in 2020 at a cost of $50,000, the Tofino has 40,000 pre-orders as of November 2018.
- List of microcars by country of origin
- HMV Freeway
- Messerschmitt KR200
- Aptera 2 Series
- Commuter Cars Tango
- Mandel, Charles. "From fossil fueled to electric vehicles, Canada's transition is underway". nationalobserver.com. National Observer. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- McManus, Theresa (July 5, 2017). "New West business gets attention with made-in-New West wheels". New West Record. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Wood, Daniel (2016-07-27). "Is this Your Commuting Future? Inside the bet that a BC-made, single-seat electric car is the next (really) big thing". The Tyee.
- "Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp. and Meriwether Group, LLC Announce Partnership to Expand Branding of New SOLO EV in the U.S."
- "Electra Meccanica unveils the production version of the SOLO, a ~$15,500 all-electric 3-wheeler with 100 miles range". Electrek. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Edelstein, Stephen (September 9, 2016). "Electra Meccanica Solo three-wheeled electric car unveiled". greencarreports.com. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- Brown, Bruce. "Solo, an electric 3-wheeler, goes on sale in U.S. and Canada in September". digitaltrends.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- ""Electra Meccanica begins deliveries of its SOLO electric vehicle in the US"". electrek.co.
- Zart, Nicolas. "InterMeccanica Is Back As Electric Meccanica With Stunning Electric Roadster Tofino". cleantechnica.com. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Electra Meccanica Reveals Two New Vehicles at 2017 Vancouver Auto Show". Electra Meccanica. MarketWired. March 28, 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2018.
- "Electrameccanica revs up to beat Tesla in the US". Proactiveinvestors NA. 2018-11-02. Retrieved 2018-12-29.
- Lambert, Fred (2018-06-28). "Electra Meccanica teases electric roadster based on the Porsche 356". Electrek. Retrieved 2018-12-29.
- "Electra Meccanica eRoadster Specifications". ElectricVehicles. 2018-10-30. Retrieved 2018-12-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.|