|Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan|
|Assumed office |
7 April 2004
|Prime Minister||Artur Rasizade|
|Preceded by||Vilayat Guliyev|
|Born||2 July 1960|
Baku, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||National University of Kyiv|
Russian Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Elmar Mammadyarov Maharram oglu (Azerbaijani: Elmar Məmmədyarov Məhərrəm oğlu), born July 2, 1960) is an Azerbaijani diplomat who has served as Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan since 2004. Mammadyarov speaks Russian, English, Azerbaijani, and Turkish.
Mammadyarov was born in Baku, Soviet Union on July 2, 1960. His father, Maharram Mammadyarov, was born in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic. He studied at the School of International Relations and International Law of the Kiev State University in 1977-1982. He continued his education at the Diplomatic Academy of the MFA of USSR in 1988-1991 and obtained a PhD in History. In 1989-1990 Mammadyarov was appointed as exchange scholar at the Center for Foreign Policy Development of the Brown University.
Mammadyarov started his diplomatic career in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijani SSR in 1982. He served there as second and first secretary until 1988. In 1991-1992 he was the Director of the State Protocol Division. In 1992-1995, Mammadyarov worked in the Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the United Nations in New York. Upon completion of his duties he returned to Baku and in 1995-1998 was the deputy director of the Department of International Organizations in the Ministry. In 1998-2003 he served as counselor at the Embassy of Azerbaijan to the United States. In 2003 Mammadyarov was appointed as Ambassador to Italy. Since April 2, 2004 he is Minister of Foreign Affairs. On July 9, 2019 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has signed an order to award him with Order for service to the Fatherland of the first degree. 
Since he was appointed as foreign minister, Mammadyarov involved in multiple political activities. During his position, Azerbaijan took over Chairmanship of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers from Austria for six months in 2014. On June 23, he presented communication to PACE. In his overview, he stressed on combating corruption and manipulation of sports competitions. Elmar Mammadyarov is also chairperson of National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO.
- "Minister - Elmar Maharram oglu Mammadyarov". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Elmar Məmmədyarovun Bioqrafiyasi". Adam.az. Archived from the original on 2011-09-03. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "ПОЛИТИЧЕСКАЯ ЭЛИТА". Retrieved 6 May 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Elmar Mammadyarov awarded with Order "for service to the Fatherland"". Report İnformasiya Agentliyi (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Austria hands over chairmanship to Azerbaijan". coe.int. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Committee of Ministers' Chairman, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Mammadyarov, presents communication to PACE". coe.int. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Azərbaycan və YUNESKO" (in Azerbaijani). mfa.gov.az. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "National Commission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for UNESCO". www.unesco.org. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elmar Mammadyarov.|
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Mammadyarov meets Chinese delegation
- Elmar Mammadyarov: "We are rather speaking of a poll"
- Azerbaijan: Armenia Denies Agreeing To Leave Seven Occupied Districts
| Minister of Foreign Affairs