This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: NPO|
S&P 600 Component
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Stephen E. Macadam (President, Chief Executive Officer and Director)|
Number of employees
EnPro Industries, Inc. is an American industrial conglomerate, through its various divisions and subsidiaries it provides engineered industrial products for critical applications in a wide range of industries. Its businesses manufacture sealing and other high-performance products, plain bearings and diesel engines. Businesses operated by EnPro Industries include Compressor Products International, Fairbanks Morse Engine, Garlock Sealing Technologies, GGB Bearing Technology, Technetics Group and STEMCO.
The company serves industries such as aerospace, power generation, heavy-duty trucking, mining, oil and gas, chemical processing, pulp and paper, and pharmaceutical from 61 primary manufacturing facilities located in 12 countries, worldwide.
On May 31, 2002, Goodrich Corporation (now UTC Aerospace Systems) spun off its Engineered Industrial Products business segment into a new company, named EnPro Industries, Inc. The spinoff consisted of businesses that were originally owned by Coltec Industries, which had been purchased by Goodrich in 1998. The businesses included in the spinoff were: Garlock Sealing Technologies, GGB Bearing Technology, STEMCO, Fairbanks Morse Engine and Quincy Compressor (which was sold to Atlas Copco in 2010). Asbestos liability was limited by complicate tax manipulation, Joseph Andolino was one of the architects.
Since the formation of EnPro Industries, the company has acquired a number of companies that are focused on engineered industrial products.
|Company or Asset Acquired||Headquarters||Date||EnPro Business Unit||Products||Ref.|
|Pikotek Inc.||Lakewood, Colorado, United States||2003||Garlock Family of Companies (GPT)||Very Critical Service(VCS) Flange Insulation Gasket (application for high pressure, highly corrosive environments)|||
|Compressor Products International||Stafford, Texas, United States||2007||Compressor Products International||Compressor components and lubrication systems|||
|Technetics Corp||Columbia, South Carolina, United States||2009||Technetics Group||Metallic seals, metal bellows, plastomer and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seals and components, elastomeric seals|||
|Hydrodyne||Burbank, California, United States||2010||Technetics Group||Metallic seals and components for nuclear and aerospace applications|||
|Premier Lubrication Systems||Houston, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Components, technical products and service for reciprocating compressors|||
|Progressive Equipment||Houston, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Components, technical products and service for reciprocating compressors|||
|CC Technology||Midland, Texas, United States||2010||Compressor Products International||Lubrication systems and components for reciprocating compressors|||
|Tara Technologies||Daytona Beach, Florida, United States||2011||Technetics Group||Engineered products for the semiconductor, aerospace, energy and medical industries|||
|Rome Tool and Die||Rome, Georgia, United States||2011||STEMCO||Steel brake shoes|||
|Pipeline Seal and Insulator (PSI)||Houston, Texas, United States||2011||Garlock family of companies (GPT)||Pipeline sealing products|||
|Motorwheel Commercial Vehicle Systems||Livonia, Michigan, United States||2012||STEMCO||Braking system hubs, drums and rotors|||
|Fabrico, Inc||Oxford, Massachusetts, United States||2014||Technetics Group||Land-based Turbines|||
|Rubber Fab Gasket & Molding, Inc||Sparta, New Jersey, United States||2016||Garlock Family of Companies (GHT)||Sanitary Gaskets and High-Purity Hose Assemblies|||
EnPro Industries’ businesses are organized into the following operating units:
Compressor Products International
Compressor Products International designs, manufactures and services components for reciprocating compressors and engines. These components include packing and wiper assemblies and rings, piston and rider rings, compressor valve assemblies, divider block valves, compressor monitoring systems, lubrication systems and related components. Its products are mainly used in the refining, petrochemical, natural gas and general industrial markets.
Fairbanks Morse Engine
Fairbanks Morse Engine manufactures heavy-duty, medium speed diesel, natural gas and dual-fuel reciprocating engines. The engines are used for marine propulsion, power generation, and pump and compressor applications primarily by government entities and general industrial organizations. Fairbanks Morse Engine has supplied engines to the U.S. Navy for more than 70 years.
Garlock family of companies
The Garlock family of companies includes Garlock Sealing Technologies, GHT (Garlock Hygienic Technologies), and GPT. Together the Garlock family of companies is a leading global producer of sealing products, including gasketing, flanges, sheet rubber, expansion joints and compression packings.
GGB Bearing Technologies
GGB produces self-lubricating, non-rolling, metal polymer, solid polymer and filament-wound bearing products and aluminum bushing blocks for hydraulic applications. Its products are used in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, pump and compressor, construction, power generation and general industrial.
STEMCO manufactures a variety of high-performance wheel-end, steering, suspension and braking components used by the heavy-duty trucking industry. Its products are generally used on commercial tractor-trailers and include hub oil seals, axle fasteners, hub caps, wheel bearings, mileage counters, king pin kits, suspension kits, brake friction, lightweight brake drums, foundation brake parts and automatic brake adjusters.
Technetics Group manufactures engineered seals, components, assemblies and sub-systems that are designed for high-performance or extreme applications in the semi-conductor, aerospace, power generation, nuclear, oil and gas, medical and pharmaceutical industries. Applications include sealing solutions for nuclear reactor pressure vessels, downhole oil and gas drilling assemblies, jet engines and clean room environments.
- "EnPro Industries, Inc., Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date February 27, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Investor Relations - Corporate Profile". EnPro Industries. Archived from the original on June 16, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "B.F. Goodrich buys Coltec". CNN Money. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Goodrich Readying June 1 Spinoff of Bearing Division". eBearing News. Archived from the original on June 17, 2002. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro completes sale of Quincy Compressor". Charlotte Business News. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro buys Colorado manufacturer". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "EnPro Buys Compressor Products International". Modern Distribution Management. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Technetics". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries buys Hydrodyne". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Acquires Manufacturers of Lubrication Systems for Compressors". Machinery Lubrication. Archived from the original on May 8, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Tara Technologies". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Acquires Rome Tool and die". American Machinist. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries acquires Pipeline Seal and Insulator". Industrial Supply. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Acquires Motorwheel Commercial Vehicle Systems". Reuters. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition of Fabrico, Inc". Business Wire. Archived from the original on April 16, 2015. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- "EnPro Industries Announces Acquisition Of Rubber Fab Gasket & Molding, Inc". Business Wire. Archived from the original on April 26, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "EnPro Industries Inc". Reuters. Retrieved April 26, 2013.