Energy in Moldova
Moldova was an observer to the treaty establishing Energy Community from the outset (2006). Following its interest in full membership, the European Commission was mandated to carry out accession negotiations with Moldova in 2007. In December 2009, the Energy Community Ministerial Council decided on the accession, but made it conditional to amendment of Moldova's gas law. Moldova joined the Energy Community as a full-fledged member in March 2010.
Moldova, together with the other contracting parties, has the following tasks and obligations:
- Extension of the acquis communautaire into their national legislation
- Establishment of mechanism for network energy markets operations
- CINOGATE]] energy programme, which has four key topics: enhancing energy security, convergence of member state energy markets on the basis of EU internal energy market principles, supporting sustainable energy development, and attracting investment for energy projects of common and regional interest.
- Moldova (27 December 2013). "NATIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY ACTION PLAN OF THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA FOR 2013-2020" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-09-22.[permanent dead link]
- Energy Community Ministerial Council Conclusions, Dec 2009[permanent dead link].
- Accession Protocol of Republic of Moldova to the Energy Community[dead link]
- "INOGATE". Retrieved 1 April 2016.