Entrance to an Equinox in the Upper East Side
|Founded||September 23, 1991Manhattan, New York, United Statesin|
|Harvey Spevak (Chairman)|
Number of employees
|Parent||The Related Companies|
The Yorkville Club
Equinox Fitness is an American luxury fitness company which operates several separate fitness brands: Equinox, PURE Yoga, Blink Fitness, and SoulCycle. Within Equinox's portfolio of brands, there are more than 135 locations within major cities across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver. Its national headquarters is in New York City. Equinox is a subsidiary of The Related Companies, one of the largest real estate development and property management companies in the United States.
The first Equinox Fitness location opened in Manhattan's Upper West Side by the Errico family on September 23, 1991. In 2006, The Related Companies purchased Equinox Fitness from North Castle Partners and J.W. Childs Associates. In 2008, Equinox brought Pure Yoga to the United States from Hong Kong, which it operates separately. In 2011, Equinox entered a new market by launching Blink, a separate fitness company with a value-driven membership model. In January, 2018, Equinox made a minority stake investment in Rumble Boxing. 
In 2016, the upscale gym giant unveiled plans to open luxury hotels in New York City's Hudson Yards and Los Angeles by 2019. A Los Angeles location was announced in 2017 in Downtown Los Angeles neighborhood. The Frank Gehry designed development will consist of a 20 story hotel tower with 305 rooms. 
- "Equinox Holdings, Inc. | Company Profile from Hoover's". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- Beth Landman. "Sotomayor v. Equinox Fitness: The Case of the Canceled Membership". NYMag. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- Erika Owen (2016-02-17). "Equinox to Launch Hotel Brand with a Focus on Fitness Away From Home". TravelandLeisure. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Equinox bets on Rumble's boxing theme". 8 January 2018.
- "Surprise: Grand Avenue Project Files for Construction Permits". 11 August 2017.