|Founded||30 August 2009|
|Alexander Moinov (President)|
|Owner||FAW Group (50%)|
General Motors (50%)
FAW-GM Light Duty Commercial Vehicle (FAW-GM) is a commercial vehicle manufacturing company headquartered in Changchun, China, and a 50:50 joint venture between FAW Group and General Motors. It was founded in 2009 and its activities include the Harbin Light Vehicle factory and FAW Hongta Yunnan Automobile Co Ltd. The plants were named as FAW Harbin Light Duty Vehicle Co., FAW-GM Hongta Yunnan Automobile Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and Changchun Plant. The company builds Jie Fang pickups and light commercial vehicles, with the possibility of building models for GM to sell under their marques.
FAW-GM sold a total of 55,609 vehicles in China in 2012.
FAW-GM builds pickups, vans, SUVs, MPVs, 1-ton, 2-ton and 3-ton trucks and exports CKD kits for assembly in Russia, Ukraine, Mexico and Vietnam, and exports to more than 20 countries. In 2011, FAW-GM introduced a new pickup, the Kuncheng.
FAW-GM's current products include the following models:
- Jie Fang Kuncheng Pickup
- Jie Fang 1-ton truck
- Jie Fang 2-ton truck
- Jie Fang 3-ton truck
- "International Cooperation". Faw.com. 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- William Spain (2009-08-30). "GM, China FAW set light-truck, van joint venture". MarketWatch. Archived from the original on 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "GM 2012 global sales rise 2.9 pct on strong Chevy demand". Reuters. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "一汽通用". Fawgm.com.cn. Archived from the original on 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- "FAW-GM Launches Kuncheng Pickup". Media.gm.com. 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2013-01-16.