The western terminus of RM 2400 is in Pecos County at US 285, approximately 4.3 miles north of the Terrell County line. The route travels northeast into Terrell County before ending at SH 349.
RM 2400 was established on November 21, 1956 with its current western terminus and extending 12.5 miles northeast. On October 31, 1958, this route was extended northeast another 13.0 miles. On September 27, 1960, this route was extended northeast another 7.0 miles. On September 20, 1961, it was extended a further 5.5 miles eastward to its current eastern terminus.
Ranch to Market Road 2401 (RM 2401) is a ranch-to-market road located in Upton, Reagan and Glasscock counties.
RM 2401 begins at an intersection with SH 349 between Rankin and Midland. The highway runs eastward through desert-like landscape with oil derricks and turns north at County Road 126 just after RM 2594. RM 2401 runs north before turning towards the northeast at FM 3095 in Midkiff. The highway runs northeast and enters briefly enters Reagan County before entering Glasscock County near RM 1357. RM 2401 has an intersection with SH 137 between Stanton and Big Lake and continues to run for approximately another 11 miles before ending at RM 33 about 10 miles south of Garden City.
RM 2401 was originally designated as FM 2401 on November 21, 1956, running from SH 349 to the Upton–Reagan county line. FM 2401 was re-designated as RM 2401 on November 26, 1969 and was extended eastward to RM 1357. On June 5, 1973, RM 2401 was extended to RM 33, bringing the highway to its current length, and replacing FM 2874 which began at RM 1800 (now SH 137).
FM 2403 begins at FM 2917 near Liverpool. It travels to the northwest to SH 35 (future SH 99) in southern Alvin. The route allows northbound (i.e., Houston-bound) truck traffic from the industrial plants located on FM 2917 to bypass Liverpool.
FM 2403 was designated on May 6, 1964 on its current route.
FM 2403 was designated on October 31, 1957 from US 81 north of Decatur northwest to a road intersection. On September 27, 1960 the road was extended to FM 1810. FM 2403 was cancelled on March 27, 1963 and transferred to FM 1810 when it was rerouted and extended.
The original RM 2403 was designated on November 21, 1956, from RM 33 west toward Iraan to the Pecos River. This designation was cancelled, as the road was designated as RM 1980 instead, and the next FM 2403 was designated.
Farm to Market Road 2404 is located in Taylor and Jones counties. It runs from US 83 north of Abilene to FM 605.
FM 2404 was designated on October 2, 1959 from US 83 northwest to the Jones County line as a replacement for FM 1605, as the right of way for the previous FM 1605 had been secured. On November 24, 1959 the road was extended northwest to FM 605.
The original FM 2404 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 33, 12.5 miles north of Big Lake, west and northwest via Stiles at a distance of 12.5 miles. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended to the Reagan-Glasscock County line and changed to RM 2404. RM 2404 was cancelled on December 2, 1958 and transferred to RM 1800 (now SH 137).
The original FM 2411 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 56 northeast of Cayote, east 5.9 miles to the Brazos River at Smiths Bend. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended east 4 miles to FM 1244. On September 27, 1960 the road was extended east 7.9 miles to FM 1858/IH 35 south of West. FM 2411 was cancelled on July 24, 1963 and transferred to FM 2114.
Ranch to Market Road 2424 or RM 2424 is a ranch road in south Culberson County. RM 2424 begins at I-10 in Kent, and maintenance ends in south-eastern Culberson County, where it continues as Jones-Kent Road. It is the northern continuation of SH 118 which ends at Interstate 10. RM 2424 was first assigned in 1958 and was extended to its current route in 1959.
Ranch to Market Road 2424 from the foothills of the Apache Mountains looking south toward Kent, Texas in the distance. In the far distance are the Davis Mountains.
Ranch to Market Road 2424 begins at Interstate 10 in Kent. The road, known as Cessna Street, crosses the Union Pacific Railroad, and goes north through Kent. It runs parallel to the Kent Draw, intersecting with Iron Mountain Road at about the 5 mile mark. It continues northwest, crossing Hurds Pass Draw and intersecting with several ranch roads, before ending at Jones-Kent Road. The road continues as Jones-Kent Road. Road 2424 has the town's only store, Kent Mercantile, which includes a gas station. The mercantile store was closed in January 2011. The post office is still open, serving the nearby ranch community. There is only one family left in Kent.
RM 2424 was assigned on August 29, 1958 from U.S. Highway 80 (now Interstate 10) to Iron Mountain Road. The route was extended 9.0 miles (14.5 km) to its current route on November 24, 1959.
Farm to Market Road 2424 was designated on November 21, 1956 as a route from FM 1638 northwest of Nacogdoches, Texas northwest to Red Flat church. On October 31, 1957, FM 2424 extended northwest to FM 225. It was replaced by FM 343 on April 24, 1958.
The original FM 2425 was designated on November 21, 1956 from US 59, 2.5 miles south of the Neches River, east 4.5 miles to Damascus Church. FM 2425 was cancelled on December 16, 1957 and transferred to FM 1987.
The original FM 2430 was designated on November 21, 1956 from US 75 (now IH 45), 0.1 mile south of Halls Bayou, west to FM 149 (now SH 249). On December 10, 1959 the route of FM 2430 was transferred to FM 149 while a section of FM 149, from FM 2430 to US 75, was transferred to FM 2430. FM 2430 was cancelled on May 24, 1963 and removed from the highway system as FM 149 provided a more direct route for traffic than FM 2430.
The next use of the FM 2435 designation was in Johnson County, from SH 171 near Godley to a point 5.6 miles north. On May 6, 1964 the road was extended north 3.7 miles to the Tarrant County line. FM 2435 was cancelled on December 20, 1984 by district request and transferred to FM 2331.
Farm to Market Road 2438 (FM 2438) is located entirely in Guadalupe County.
FM 2438 begins at an intersection with US 90A between Seguin and Belmont. The highway travels in a generally northern direction before ending at an intersection with US 90 in Kingsbury.
The current FM 2438 was designated on September 27, 1960, running from US 90 in Kingsbury to the proposed location of I-10 at a distance of 2.6 miles (4.2 km). The highway was extended 6.6 miles (10.6 km) to US 90A on July 11, 1968.
The original FM 2438 was designated on November 21, 1956, running from US 59 and Ben Wilson Street to Foster Air Force Base (now Victoria Regional Airport) at a distance of 4.0 miles (6.4 km). The highway was cancelled and removed from the state highway system on October 31, 1958 as the base closed down.
Farm to Market Road 2439 (FM 2439) is located in Hays and Comal counties.
FM 2439 begins at an intersection with FM 1102 near the community of Hunter. The highway travels in a northeast direction along Hunter Road and enters San Marcos near several major retail centers, including a Tanger Outlet Center. FM 2439 ends at RM 12.
FM 2439 was designated on November 21, 1956 from RM 12 (later SH 80, now Moore Street) to FM 1102. On January 26, 2017, the section north of RM 12 was given to the city of San Marcos, as well as the section of SH 80 west of Loop 82.
FM 2448 begins at exit 212 along I-10 5.9 miles (9.5 km) east of Balmorhea. The two-lane road proceeds to the north across gentle terrain in a straight path for six miles (9.7 km) turning only to intersect SH 17 at its northern terminus northeast of Saragosa. The road has no junctions with any other state roads or highways between its endpoints, although Reeves County Road 306, which intersects FM 2448 about 1.6 miles (2.6 km) north of I-10, becomes FM 1215 one mile (1.6 km) to the west. The road provides a more direct connection between points northward on SH 17 with points eastward on I-10 than SH 17 through Saragosa that intersects I-10 two miles (3.2 km) to the west.
The current FM 2448 was designated on January 29, 1959.
FM 2448 was designated on November 21, 1956 as a route in Collin County from the former route of FM 544 northward to Bethany. The road was extended north 2.1 miles (3.4 km) to SH 121 on September 27, 1957. That route was added as an extension to FM 2478 on October 31, 1958, and that portion of FM 2478 was removed from the state highway system and given to the city of Plano for maintenance on October 28, 1987.
Farm to Market Road 2458 (FM 2458) is located entirely in Garza County.
FM 2458 begins at an intersection with US 84 in Justiceburg. The highway travels in an eastern direction just north of Lake Alan Henry, turning to the north at an intersection with FM 3519. FM 2458 runs in a northern direction near the Lake Alan Henry Lodges before the route becomes more rural. State maintenance for the highway ends at County Road 345.
The current FM 2458 was designated on May 2, 1962, traveling from US 84 at Justiceburg eastward at a distance of 2.7 miles (4.3 km). The highway was extended 3.1 miles (5.0 km) eastward and northward on June 28, 1963.
The first FM 2458 was designated on November 21, 1956, traveling from FM 1003 near Honey Island, northwestward at a distance of 5.0 miles (8.0 km). The highway was extended 3.8 miles (6.1 km) northwestward on October 31, 1957. This FM 2458 was cancelled on December 1, 1958, with the mileage being transferred to FM 943.
The second FM 2458 was designated on November 24, 1959, running from US 69 near Emory southward and eastward to Colony Church at a distance of 8.1 miles (13.0 km). The highway was cancelled on October 18, 1961, with the mileage being transferred to FM 779.
The original FM 2459 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 834, 2.8 miles northwest of Hull, north 6.8 miles to FM 162 (now SH 105). FM 2459 was cancelled eleven months later and removed from the highway system as the county could not acquire the right of way; FM 1410 was extended instead.
RM 2462 was designated on November 21, 1956 from SH 118 near Study Butte west 5 miles to a road intersection near Terlingua. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended west 14 miles to the Presidio County line. RM 2462 was cancelled on February 19, 1960 and transferred to FM 170.
The first use of the FM 2463 designation was in Erath County, from SH 108 northwest of Huckabay northeast 3.7 miles to Liberty Church. FM 2463 was cancelled on October 3, 1961 and transferred to FM 1715.
The second use of the FM 2465 designation was in Floyd County, from FM 378, 3 miles south of FM 788, east 7.1 miles to FM 207. FM 2463 was cancelled on September 16, 1968 and became a portion of FM 2286.
The first use of the FM 2468 designation was in Collingsworth County, from FM 338, 4.5 miles southeast of Wellington, south 1 mile to Fresno. FM 2468 was cancelled eleven months later and removed from the highway system; FM 338 was extended over FM 2468 instead.
RM 2469 begins at an intersection with SH 163 approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of Barnhart. The route travels to the east through unincorporated Irion County; the only intersections are with county roads. RM 2469 provides access to Ketchum Mountain and the Ketchum Oil Field. The highway then curves to the southeast and crosses Lopez Creek, whose source lies just south of the roadway. It then enters the county seat of Mertzon along Oak Avenue, reaching its eastern terminus at US 67.
RM 2469 is two lanes for its entire length. Shoulders are present only near the termini.
RM 2469 is the second Texas route to bear that number.
The current RM 2469 was established on October 31, 1958. Its eastern terminus has always been at US 67 in Mertzon. The original western terminus was 5.0 miles (8.0 km) from that point. The route was lengthened to 11.0 miles (17.7 km) on September 27, 1960 and 17.0 miles (27.4 km) on May 2, 1962. The final extension to SH 163 occurred on June 28, 1963.
Farm to Market Road 2469 (or FM 2469) was designated on November 21, 1956 and connected north and east 4.5 miles from US 70 near Ogden in Cottle County. That designation was removed on October 31, 1957 and mileage was reused for the new FM 2532.
The original FM 2472 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 657, 5.3 miles west of Plaska, to a point 3.5 miles south. On October 1, 1957 the road was extended south 6.5 miles to SH 86. FM 2472 was cancelled on December 14, 1959 and transferred to FM 657.
The original FM 2475 was designated on November 21, 1956 from SH 114 north of Bridgeport southwest 6 miles to Lake Bridgeport. FM 2475 was cancelled on September 27, 1957 in lieu of creation of RM 2475.
RM 2475 was designated on September 27, 1957 from SH 114 north of Bridgeport southwest and west 17 miles to FM 1156 west of Wizard Wells. On June 4, 1964 a 4.4 mile section from FM 1156 at Vineyard to FM 1156 was transferred to SH 824. The remainder of RM 2475 was cancelled on October 1, 1968 and transferred to SH 24.
The original FM 2476 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 270 (now FM 69) near Blackoak south 3.4 miles to FM 1483 (now FM 69) at Coke. FM 2476 was cancelled on December 21, 1959 and transferred to FM 69.
The next use of the FM 2477 designation was in Hood and Parker counties, from FM 4, 4 miles east of Lipan, northeast and north 9.7 miles to a road intersection 1 mile south of Dennis. FM 2477 was cancelled on December 15, 1959 and transferred to FM 1543.
The first use of the RM 2479 designation was in Schleicher County, from SH 29, 7 miles east of Eldorado, to a point 7.3 miles southeast. On February 28, 1957 the northern terminus was moved 2.5 miles west. RM 2479 was cancelled on May 22, 1958 as the county could not provide right of way for the route.
The southern terminus of FM 2480 is in Los Fresnos at FM 1847, which provides access from the northern suburbs of Cameron County to Brownsville's central business district. The route travels northeast along Old Port Road before turning to the north along San Roman Road. The FM 2480 designation ends at FM 510 in Bayview.
FM 2480 was designated on December 13, 1956, from FM 1847 northeastward approximately 5.5 miles (8.9 km). The northern extension to FM 510 was added on October 31, 1957.
The original FM 2485 was designated on November 21, 1956 from SH 320, 5 miles northeast of Lott, southeast 3.6 miles to a road intersection. FM 2485 was cancelled on October 14, 1960 and transferred to FM 2027.
The original FM 2487 was designated on November 21, 1956 from FM 1244, 1.5 miles south of Aquilla, southwest 3.3 miles to FM 2411 (now FM 2114). FM 2487 was cancelled on October 9, 1961 and transferred to FM 1304.
Farm to Market Road 2491 (FM 2491) is a 5.6-mile-long (9.0 km) road in central Texas that serves McLennan County. The road begins at Loop 340, which loops in Waco. The road then goes northeast, splits into FM 2957 which eventually leads to FM 2491 ending at Double Ee Ranch Road. The road continues on to FM 939 between McLennan and Limestone counties.
FM 2491 was designated on October 31, 1957 from SH 6 east to a road intersection. On May 22, 1959, the road was revised to begin at Loop 232 (now Loop 340).
Farm to Market Road 2493, or FM 2493, in the eastern part of Texas (USA), is a major thoroughfare that is approximately 21 miles (34 km) in length from an intersection with FM 177 west of Mixon northwestward, then north through Bullard, Flint, Gresham, then into Tyler where it intersects US 69. The road is located in far north-central Cherokee County and south-central Smith County. As of 1995, the section of the road from Gresham to Tyler is considered an Urban Road but is still signed as a Farm to Market Road.
FM 2493 has two local street names: Houston Street in Bullard and Old Jacksonville Highway in Tyler. Rural at its southern end, the road gets progressively urban as it gets closer to Tyler. FM 2493 passes by a landscape of rolling hills of trees, pastures, and farmland on the portions that have not been developed. All of FM 2493 has had two lanes and no shoulders, but parts of the road in and near Tyler are changing to a widened four-lane as traffic increases.
The original section of FM 2493, from the US 69 intersection south of Bullard, north for 16.1 miles (25.9 km) was commissioned by Minute Order on October 31, 1957, and then another Minute Order added on May 2, 1962, 5.3 miles (8.5 km) more, intersecting the road with FM 177 west of Mixon. It is unclear when any part of FM 2493 was built. The road serves the three towns of Bullard, Flint, and Gresham, and the city of Tyler. The southern terminus intersection connects to FM 177, which goes east to Mixon and west to Mount Selman; while the northern terminus intersection connects to US 69, which goes south to Jacksonville, and north around downtown Tyler to Lindale and Mineola. Besides its county road intersections, FM 2493 briefly multiplexes with US 69 south of Bullard, crosses FM 344 in Bullard and FM 346 in Flint, intersects FM 2813 and crosses Loop 49 in Gresham, intersects SH 57 and crosses Loop 323 in Tyler. The only other intersections on FM 2493 are its termini at FM 177 west of Mixon and at US 69 in Tyler.
Farm to Market Road 2495 (FM 2495) is located entirely in Henderson County.
FM 2495 begins at an intersection with SH 31 and runs in an eastern direction along Flat Creek Road. The highway has an interchange with US 175 / Loop 7 and turns north at Lake Athens. FM 2495 leaves the Athens city limits north of the lake and ends at an intersection with FM 317.
FM 2495 was designated on October 31, 1957, running from SH 31 eastward at a distance of 1.8 miles (2.9 km). The highway was extended 3.5 miles (5.6 km) to FM 317 on June 1, 1965.
The current FM 2499 was designated on September 27, 1960, running from FM 1171 south to the Denton-Tarrant county line. The highway was extended further south to SH 121 on November 29, 1982. This extension of FM 2499 ran across the Grapevine Lake dam and through the lake's spillway. FM 2499 was extended north to FM 407 on October 26, 1983. On April 27, 1988, the extension to SH 121 was redescribed as going from north of the county line to SH 121. Due to urban growth and the inability to widen the road across the dam (plus the need, during flood incidents, to close the road across the spillway), the road was re-routed to the east in its current configuration on April 27, 1988. Also, the old route of FM 2499 south of the Denton-Tarrant county line was cancelled, and this portion was permanently closed, as it was inundated by Lake Grapevine. However, the old route of FM 2499 north of the Denton-Tarrant county line was still part of FM 2499, creating a split in FM 2499. On May 29, 1991, an extension north to Loop 288 was designated. On April 28, 1994, the old route of FM 2499 to the Denton-Tarrant county line was cancelled, eliminating the split in FM 2499. The entire highway was designated as Urban Road 2499 on June 27, 1995 by TxDOT. The extension to FM 2181 opened in 2010 along Village Parkway through Highland Village, ending at FM 2181 in Corinth. The extension to Robinson Road opened on December 18, 2017. An extension to I-35E opened on March 12, 2018. A new traffic light at Robinson Road was added by June 2018. Landscaping on the new section is under construction. The eventual plan is to reroute Loop 288 south on new construction, along part of FM 2499 to just south of Robinson Road, and then southwest along new construction (right-of-way has already been acquired for this section) to FM 2181. Existing Loop 288 southwest to I-35E will be redesignated as Spur 288. FM 2499 will be truncated to end at Loop 288.
FM 2499 was first designated on October 31, 1957, running from SH 7 near Kennard northward to a point at a distance of 3.8 miles (6.1 km). On December 18, 1959, the highway was cancelled and transferred to FM 1733.