Farm to Market Road 2601 (FM 2601) is located entirely in Bell County.
FM 2601 begins at an intersection with Moody-Leon Road / Buckhorn Lane in Meador Grove. The highway travels in a generally eastern direction, turning south at Munz Road, before turning back east at FM 2409. FM 2601 continues to run in an eastern direction, ending at an intersection with SH 317. The highway's route is entirely rural, running through farming areas.
FM 2601 was designated in 1959 along the current route.
FM 2606 is a two-lane route for its entire length. Its western terminus is at FM 1954 near the entrance to Lake Arrowhead State Park. The route travels to the east, past the north edge of Lake Arrowhead and across the Wichita Falls Dam on a load-zoned bridge. It winds around the northeastern edge of the lake before veering to the northeast at an intersection with Bunny Run Road. The route turns to the east near its eastern terminus at FM 2847, which provides access to Henrietta.
The current FM 2606 was designated in 1968. The original route was the section from FM 2847 to the east edge of the bridge across the Wichita Falls Dam. The designation was extended across the dam and to FM 1954 in 1979, bringing the route to its current length.
The second FM 2606 was designated in Williamson County from US 81 northeast 5.6 miles; it was designated in 1960. The next year, the east end was relocated, adding 0.2 miles; that designation was cancelled in 1967, when it was combined with FM 971.
Farm to Market Road 2609 (FM 2609) is located entirely in Nacogdoches County.
FM 2609 begins at an intersection with US 59 / Loop 224 in Nacogdoches. The highway travels in an eastern direction along Austin Street, running through more rural areas of the city's northwest side. Between Bus. US 59 and FM 1275, FM 2609 travels near the northern end of Stephen F. Austin State University. Northeast of the university, the highway travels through areas that are more residential and suburban on the city's northeast side. FM 2609 intersects Loop 224 a second time, then leaves the city, with the route becoming more rural. The highway enters the town of Appleby and has a brief overlap with FM 941. After leaving Appleby, FM 2609 travels in a more eastern direction through rural farming areas, with state maintenance ending just west of County Road 266 / County Road 273; the roadway continues east as Cedar Bluff Road.
Farm to Market Road 2611 is a state highway the U.S. state of Texas.
Farm to Market Road 2611 begins where FM 2004 ends at State Highway 36 near Jones Creek. The road follows a western path, crossing the San Bernard River and passing the Churchill Bridge Community. The highway intersects FM 2918, an access highway to the River's End Community and the San Bernard Wildlife Refuge. Making a sharp north, then west curve, FM 2611 continues its western path 10 miles (16 km) south of Sweeny, entering Matagorda County and the Cedar Lake Community. The road comes to its end at the intersection of FM 457, connecting Sargent to Bay City.
FM 2611 was designated in 1959 from SH 36 southwest to what is now FM 2918. In 1962, FM 2611 extended southwest to FM 457, replacing FM 2541 from FM 457 northeast 3.2 miles.
Farm to Market Road 2612 (FM 2612) is located entirely in Cass County in the town of Hughes Springs.
FM 2612 begins at an intersection with FM 250. The highway travels in an eastern direction, intersects FM 161, then turns northeast at County Road 2986 / 2990, before ending at an intersection with SH 11 / SH 49. FM 2612 acts as a bypass through the southern part of the town.
The current FM 2612 was designated in 1981, running from FM 250 eastward to the intersection of SH 11 / SH 49.
FM 2612 was originally designated in 1959, running from SH 87 near the Bolivar Ferry, northwestward to Quarles Avenue in Port Bolivar at a distance of 1.1 miles (1.8 km). The highway was extended 3.4 miles (5.5 km) northeastward and southeastward to SH 87 in 1962, creating a loop through Port Bolivar. FM 2612 was relocated through Port Bolivar in 1963, decreasing the route's length by 0.1 miles (0.16 km). The highway was cancelled and re-designated as Loop 108 in 1980.
FM 2614 is a two-lane highway along its entire route. The road begins at a stop sign on FM 102 near Bonus and follows a curving path to the southeast. At a distance 1.3 miles (2.1 km) from the start, FM 2614 intersects with Reynolds Road. Starting at this point, the highway begins to change direction so that it heads west-northwest until it reaches Foote Lane. In the 3.5 miles (5.6 km) stretch from Reynolds Road to Foote Lane, FM 2614 passes through Elm Grove and then crosses into Colorado County. At Foote Lane, the highway turns to the north-northwest and continues for 1.8 miles (2.9 km) to its northern end at FM 950. From the junction of FM 950 and FM 2614 to State Highway 71 at Garwood is 3.3 miles (5.3 km).
Though marked "North", FM 2614 initially goes southwest from the junction with FM 102 at Bonus.
The small community of Elm Grove is near the midpoint of FM 2614. The view is to the west-northwest.
FM 2614 was originally designated on November 24, 1959, to start on FM 950 about 3.5 miles (5.6 km) northeast of Garwood and run south and east to FM 102 at Bonus. The initial authorization is still in effect.
Ranch to Market Road 2618 (RM 2618) is located entirely in Mason County.
RM 2618 begins at an intersection with RM 386 north of Mason. The highway travels in an eastern direction through rural and hilly ranching areas, with state maintenance ending just east of RM 1900; the roadway continues as Fly Gap Road.
RM 2618 was designated in 1974, running from RM 386 eastward at a distance of 2.7 miles (4.3 km). The highway was extended 4.7 miles (7.6 km) eastward in 1976.
The first FM 2618 was designated on November 24, 1959 from FM 111 (now FM 60) at Deanville south 3.1 miles to a road intersection as a replacement of FM 111 Spur. On September 27, 1960 the road was extended south 2.6 miles to a county road. On June 28, 1963 the road was extended north 3.6 miles to a county road. FM 2618 was cancelled on December 16, 1969 and transferred to FM 111.
The original FM 2623 was designated in 1959, running from FM 544 west of Plano southward to the Dallas County line at a distance of 2.6 miles (4.2 km). The highway was cancelled and removed from the state highway system in 1962.
Farm to Market Road 2625 (FM 2625) is located entirely in Harrison County.
FM 2625 begins at an intersection with FM 968 / FM 450 south of Hallsville. The highway travels in a southern / southeastern direction, turning east at a private county road, intersects FM 3251 near the Brady Branch Reservoir, then intersects SH 43 near the Cave Springs Cemetery. FM 2625 continues to run in an eastern direction through forested areas and rural farm land, ending at an intersection with FM 9 southwest of Waskom.
FM 2625 was designated in 1959 from SH 43 near Darco, eastward to US 59 at a distance of 5.8 miles (9.3 km). The highway was extended 6.7 miles (10.8 km) eastward to FM 31 in 1962. FM 2625 was extended 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of FM 31 to a road intersection in 1970. The highway was extended 1.6 miles (2.6 km) eastward in 1971. FM 2625 was extended 2.7 miles (4.3 km) eastward to a point near Stricklin Springs in 1972. The highway was extended 3.1 miles (5.0 km) eastward to FM 9 in 1973. FM 2625 was extended westward to FM 968 / FM 450 over part of FM 3251 in 1982.
Farm to Market Road 2627 (FM 2627) is a former highway that was located in Cass County.
FM 2627 was established in 1959, running from US 59 in Linden eastward to a road intersection near Center Hill in Cass County. The following year, that route was extended further east, to FM 248 in Bivins. FM 2627's mileage was transferred to FM 1841 in 1962.
The first use of the FM 2628 designation was in Tyler County, from US 69, 2.2 miles north of Colmesneil, to a point 4.4 miles east. FM 2628 was cancelled on December 17, 1969 and became a portion of FM 255.
Farm to Market Road 2629 (FM 2629) is located in Hidalgo, Cameron and Willacy counties in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
FM 2629 begins at an intersection with FM 491 northeast of La Villa. The highway travels in an eastern direction, intersecting FM 1425 on the Hidalgo-Cameron county line. FM 2629 intersects FM 2845 south of Zapata Ranch, then has an overlap with FM 506 and Spur 413 through the town of Sebastian. The highway turns south just east of I-69E / US 77, then turns back east at County Line Road, running along the Cameron-Willacy county line, ending at an intersection with FM 507.
FM 2629 was designated in 1959 from FM 491 eastward to the Cameron County line, then eastward near and along the Cameron/Willacy County line to FM 506 at a distance of 4.9 miles (7.9 km). The highway was extended 8.2 miles (13.2 km) eastward to FM 507 in 1966.
FM 2634 begins at an intersection with FM 103 in Montague County, heading east on a two-lane undivided road. The road heads through open farmland with some trees and homes, intersecting the northern terminus of FM 3428. The highway intersects the western terminus of FM 2953 and heads southeast through woods. FM 2634 curves east into residential areas and ends at Weldon Robb Park on Lake Nocona.
Paved after the development of Lake Nocona in 1960, the current FM 2634 was designated onto its current alignment in 1961 and connects the lake with Nocona and smaller communities in north central Montague County. Nocona became the economic hub of northern Montague County by the turn of the 20th Century, and Lake Nocona or "Farmer's Creek Reservoir' was developed in 1959-60 to supply the city of Nocona with water. FM 2634 connects the various housing developments and recreational areas around the lake with Nocona.
FM 2634 was first designated in 1959 for a road in Comanche County running from SH 36 in Comanche northeast 5.7 miles (9.2 km). In 1960, the FM 2634 designation on this road was replaced with FM 1689.
Farm to Market Road 2637 (FM 2637) is a short highway located entirely in El Paso County in the city of El Paso.
FM 2637 begins at an intersection with FM 2529 (McCombs Street) in the northern part of the city. The highway travels in an eastern direction through rural areas of the city, with the roadway ending at a dead end near a pump station for the El Paso Natural Gas Company.
FM 2637 was designated in 1959 along its current route.
The current FM 2641 was designated in 1961, running from FM 2130 to US 84. The highway was further extended east in 1968 to US 87 (later I-27) and later to US 62/US 82/SH 114 (Idalou Road) in 1973. In 1995, the section of FM 2641 from FM 1264 to Idalou Road was internally designated by Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) as Urban Road 2641.
The original FM 2641 was designated in 1959, running from FM 94 at Northfield northwestward at a distance of 3.0 miles (4.8 km). The highway was cancelled in 1960, with the mileage being transferred to FM 656.
Farm to Market Road 2646 (FM 2646) is located entirely in Hockley County.
FM 2646 begins at an intersection with FM 1585. The highway travels in a northern direction through rural areas, intersecting SH 114 between Opdyke West and Smyer. FM 2646 continues to travel through rural areas, ending at an intersection with FM 1294.
FM 2646 was designated in 1960, running from SH 116 (now SH 114) southward to FM 1585 at a distance of 7.0 miles (11.3 km). The highway was extended 5.8 miles (9.3 km) northward from SH 116 to FM 1294 in 1963.
Farm to Market Road 2649 (FM 2649) is located entirely in Hunt County.
FM 2649 begins at an intersection with FM 1567. The highway travels in a northern direction through rural farming areas, ending at an intersection with the eastbound frontage road of I-30 between Campbell and Cumby.
The current FM 2649 was designated in 1963 from FM 1567 northward to I-30.
The original FM 2649 was designated in 1960, running from FM 1630 south of Myra, southward to a road intersection at a distance of 2.8 miles (4.5 km). The highway was cancelled in 1962, with the mileage being transferred to FM 1198.
Farm to Market Road 2650 (FM 2650) is located in Archer and Wichita counties.
FM 2650 begins at an intersection with FM 1954. The highway travels in a northern direction through a semi-suburban area and crosses over Lake Wichita. FM 2650 enters Wichita Falls in the Allendale area, has an overlap with FM 368, then ends at a junction with US 82 / US 277 / Bus. US 277. The section of highway south of FM 369 is known locally as Sisk Road, while north of FM 369 it is known as Allendale Road.
FM 2650 was designated in 1960, running from FM 368 southward to FM 1954 at a distance of 3.6 miles (5.8 km). The highway was extended 0.8 miles (1.3 km) northward from FM 368 to US 82 in 1974. In 1995, the section of FM 2650 between FM 368 and US 82 was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2650 by TxDOT.
Farm to Market Road 2653 (FM 2653) is located entirely in Hopkins County.
FM 2653 begins at an intersection with FM 275 north of Miller Grove. The highway travels in an eastern direction, turning north at County Road 1152, then briefly runs in a northeastern direction at County Road 1127. FM 2653 continues to alternate between running in an eastern and northern direction until reaching Brasher, having a short overlap with US 67 through the town, then having a junction with I-30 just outside of the town. The highway turns northwest at County Road 4715, turning back north near SH 11. FM 2653 continues to travel in a northern direction through rural farming areas, ending at an intersection with FM 71.
FM 2653 was designated in 1960, traveling from FM 71 southward to US 67 at Brashear at a distance of 10.0 miles (16.1 km). The highway was extended 8.0 miles (12.9 km) south of US 67 to FM 275 in 1962.
FM 2657 begins in Briggs at an intersection with Loop 308, the old alignment of US 183 through the community. The route runs briefly to the northeast and then to the north through unincorporated Burnet County. It has an intersection with RM 963 before entering southern Lampasas County. FM 2657 ends at an intersection with US 190 in Copperas Cove, just west of the Coryell County line.
FM 2657 was designated in 1992 when the second RM 2657 was re-designated as a farm to market road.
The first RM 2657 was designated in Gregg County in 1960, from SH 26 (now US 259) to the Harrison County line. In 1962, the route was extended east to FM 2208 in Harrison County. In 1966, that route became part of FM 449.
The second RM 2657 became part of the state highway system in 1967, replacing the southern section of RM 963 to Briggs and the northern section of FM 2808 to Copperas Cove. The highway was re-designated as FM 2657 in 1992.
The road passes along the eastern side of Lake Palestine (though it does not cross it at any point) and mainly serves as the route to Holiday Inn Vacation Club's The Villages timeshare resort as well as Pine Cove, a popular Christian camp.
The original FM 2662 was designated on September 27, 1960 from SH 63 in Zavalla north 3.5 miles to 0.6 mile north of Pophers Creek. On July 25, 1961 the northern terminus was moved, shortening the route by 0.1 mile. FM 2662 was cancelled on October 14, 1964 and transferred to FM 2109.
The original FM 2677 was designated on September 27, 1960 from SH 45 (now SH 30), 3 miles northeast of Shiro, north 3.6 miles to a road intersection. FM 2677 was cancelled on October 31, 1961 and transferred to FM 2620.
The original FM 2680 was designated on September 27, 1960 from SH 11 in Leesburg northwest 3.4 miles to a county road 1.8 miles north of Newsome. FM 2680 was cancelled on October 9, 1961 and transferred to FM 1519.
Ranch to Market Road 2695 was a designation applied to a highway in Gray and Donley counties. No highway currently uses the RM 2695 designation.
RM 2659 was designated on February 22, 1961 from a point at near the intersection of SH 273/US 66 at McLean south 8.5 miles to a county road 5 miles south of the Gray/Donley County line. The road was extended south 7.4 miles on May 2, 1962, and south another 11.3 miles to SH 203 on June 26, 1962. On November 1, 1962 the southern terminus was relocated to SH 203, 6 miles northeast of Hedley, shortening the route 3.3 miles, but 3.1 miles were added back when the southern terminus was moved to SH 203 1.5 miles east of Hedley. RM 2695 was cancelled on August 29, 1990 and transferred to SH 273.
Farm to Market Road 2698 (FM 2698) is located entirely in Swisher County.
FM 2698 begins at a junction with I-27 / US 87 in a rural part of the county. The highway travels in an eastern direction through rural, unincorporated areas of the county, passes the Wrangler Feedyards, ending at an intersection with FM 146 north of Tulia.
FM 2698 was designated in 1961 along the current route.
^The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the Texas Department of Transportation description of FM 2609 considers it to be discontinuous at rather than concurrent with FM 941.
^The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the Texas Department of Transportation description of FM 2629 considers it to be discontinuous at rather than concurrent with FM 506 and Spur 413.
^The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the Texas Department of Transportation description of FM 2650 considers it to be discontinuous at rather than concurrent with FM 369.
^The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the Texas Department of Transportation description of FM 2653 considers it to be discontinuous at rather than concurrent with US 67.