Farm to Market Road 300 is a 14.559-mile-long (23.430 km) route in the Llano Estacado region of Texas.
FM 300 begins at an intersection with FM 1780 south of Whiteface and heads east through open plains. About six miles (9.7 km) east of its western terminus, FM 303 intersects the route from the north and travels concurrent with it for about one mile (1.6 km) before exiting to the south. FM 300 continues east through plains for approximately 5.5 miles (8.9 km) before entering the city of Levelland and curving to the northeast.
As it enters the city, the road becomes known as Clubview Drive. In Levelland, Clubview Drive intersects Avenue H; at this intersection, FM 300 enters from the west on Clubview Drive and exits to the north on Avenue H, while U.S. Route 385 (US 385) enters from the south on Avenue H and exits to the east on Clubview Drive. The FM 300 designation continues north through Levelland on Avenue H for one mile (1.6 km), passing west of a lake before ending at Business State Highway 114-B (Houston Street).
FM 300 was first designated on June 15, 1945. It originally began at Texas State Highway 51 (SH 51) in rural Terry County and went west, then north, passing through Sundown before traveling northwestward to Levelland and then east to SH 51. On February 24, 1953, the section that connected the route to SH 51 was transferred to FM 211. At the same time, the designation absorbed some of FM 402 and all of FM 847, and was extended southeast through the ghost town of Gomez to US 62. Then, on February 10, 1966, the portion of the route from US 62 to west of Levelland was transferred to FM 303, while all of FM 1634 was transferred to FM 300. These changes brought the route to its current status.
Farm to Market Road 301 is located in the South Plains region.
FM 301 begins at an intersection with County Road 227 in Cochran County. The highway runs through a largely rural area of the county and has an intersection with FM 1780. Just a few yards east of FM 1780, FM 301 enters Hockley County. After entering Hockley County, the highway passes by many oil wells for the next 7 miles. FM 301 runs through the town of Sundown, where it is known as Richardson Street and intersects FM 303. After leaving the town, the highway returns to a rural route before ending at U.S. Route 385.
FM 301 was designated on June 15, 1945, from FM 300 (now FM 303) in Sundown to the Cochran-Hockley County Line.On March 20, 1946, FM 301 extended 0.5 mile into Cochran County. On August 1, 1946, FM 301 extended east to SH 51 (now US 385). On July 14, 1949, FM 301 extended westward 2.5 miles, completing its current routing.
FM 303 begins at an intersection with U.S. Route 180 in southeastern Gaines County. The highway runs north to Loop where it intersects with SH 83. FM 303 continues traveling north and enters into Terry County. The highway begins an overlap with FM 213 about 2 miles south of Wellman. The two highways run through the town together, with FM 303 leaving that overlap and beginning an overlap with U.S. Route 62/U.S. Route 385. About 4 miles northeast of Wellman, FM 303 leaves its overlap with US 62/82 and travels to the north. The highway turns to the west at County Road 941 before turning back to the north at FM 402. FM 303 turns back to the west at FM 211 and turns back to the north at County Road 937 and enters Hockley County about 6 miles north of here.
In southern Hockley County, FM 303 runs through the town of Sundown where it intersects with FM 301. Approximately 7 miles north of Sundown, the highway has a brief overlap with FM 300. The next major intersection is at SH 114, where FM 303 has another overlap. The highway runs through rural areas of Hockley and Lamb counties before entering the town of Sudan, where it meets U.S. Route 84. FM 303 continues to run through rural areas before entering Castro County, where it ends at an intersection with FM 145.
FM 303 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 84 in Sudan southward 8 miles to Beck. On January 27, 1948, FM 303 extended south to FM 54. On February 25, 1949, FM 303 extended north to US 70. On May 23, 1951, FM 303 extended north 5.2 miles to the Lamb-Castro County Line. On January 29, 1954, FM 303 extended north and east 3.7 miles to a road intersection at Dodd. On October 26, 1954, FM 303 extended south to SH 290 (changed to SH 116 on March 31, 1955, and to part of SH 114 on December 14, 1977), replacing FM 2129. On February 10, 1966, FM 303 extended south to US 180, replacing all of FM 1635, a section of FM 1634 (current concurrency with FM 300; all of FM 1634 replaced by rerouted FM 300), a section of FM 300, and all of FM 1312. On May 12, 1989, FM 303 was rerouted north over FM 3458 to FM 145, while the section from 2 miles west of Dodd to Dodd was renumbered as the new FM 3458, effectively causing the routes to swap places.
The original FM 304 was designated on July 14, 1945, from FM 54 in Spade north 7 miles to Hart Camp. On January 27, 1948, the road was extended to the Hockley County line. On December 16, 1948 the road was extended north of Hart Camp 6.1 miles. On July 14, 1949, the road was extended to Spur 9 in Olton. On May 23, 1951, the road was extended to US 84 in Anton. The final change was on July 1, 1955, when FM 304 was extended to US 70 in Olton, replacing Spur 9. FM 304 was cancelled on October 31, 1958 and transferred to FM 168, although this did not take effect until 1959.
Farm to Market Road 305 is located in Upton, Crockett, and Pecos counties. It runs from US 67 in McCamey to US 190.
FM 305 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 290, 12 miles east of Bakersfield, to the Pecos River. On June 28, 1945 the road was extended north to the Upton County line. On August 28, 1949 the road was extended northwest to US 67 at McCamey. The final change was on December 15, 1977 when the section from US 290 to FM 1257 was transferred to US 190.
Farm to Market Road 307 is located in Midland County. It runs from I-20 to SH 137.
FM 307 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 158 east of Midland east 14.1 miles. On July 14, 1949 the road was extended east 4.1 miles to a road intersection. On February 27, 1990 the road was rerouted to run from Lamesa Road in Midland east to SH 137. The final change was on June 27, 1995 when the section from Lamesa Road to I-20 was transferred to UR 307.
Farm to Market Road 308 is located in McLennan, Hill, and Ellis counties. It runs from I-35 to US 77 in Milford, and then from US 77 northeast of Milford to FM 66 south of Maypearl, with a spur connection in Birome. There is a concurrency with US 77.
FM 308 was designated on June 18, 1945 from Mertens to Irene. On January 26, 1948 the road was extended to SH 22, replacing Spur 56. On January 25, 1948 the road was extended to US 81 (now I-35) in Elm Mott, replacing FM 311 and FM 435. On January 18, 1952 a spur connection to Birome was added. On June 24, 1952 a spur connection to Irene was added, replacing Spur 193. On November 19, 1953 the road was extended north to US 77 in Milford, replacing FM 1882. On November 1, 1956, the road was rerouted in Mertens; the old route was transferred to Spur 314. On March 24, 1958 the road was extended from US 77 to a road intersection, replacing FM 1386 and creating a concurrency with US 77. On September 27, 1960 the road was extended northwest to FM 66. On November 25, 1975 the road was extended southwest to FM 933. On November 7, 1980 the spur connection to Irene was transferred to FM 1604. The final change was on June 27, 1995 when the section from UR 933 to I-35, along with a spur connection, was transferred to UR 308.
The original FM 313 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 175 near La Rue to half a mile northeast of New York. The road was extended to SH 31 near Brownsboro on October 25, 1947. FM 313 was cancelled on December 3, 1948 and became a portion of FM 314.
The original FM 327 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 69 in Pollok southwest 6.7 miles to SH 103 in Angelina County. FM 327 was cancelled on July 24, 1961; the section from US 69 to FM 1819 was transferred to SH 7; the section from FM 1819 to SH 103 was transferred to FM 1819.
Farm to Market Road 331 is located in Austin County. It runs from Oil Field Road near Raccoon Bend to SH 36 north of Sealy. There is a brief concurrency with FM 529 near Burleigh.
FM 331 was designated on June 16, 1945, from SH 159 at Bellville to Burleigh. On October 31, 1958, the road was extended to SH 36 southeast of Peters. The final change came on April 6, 1970, when FM 331 was rerouted; the original route was transferred to FM 529, and a section from Burleigh to Raccoon Bend was added, replacing FM 2916.
Farm to Market Road 332 is located in Washington County. It runs from FM 389 southwest of Brenham to FM 2502 at Wesley.
FM 332 was designated on June 16, 1945, from SH 159 at Nelsonville to Welcome. On April 24, 1953, the road was extended to FM 389; the portion of this extension from FM 389 to the Austin County Line was formerly FM 1263. The final change was on October 31, 1958, when the Wesley-Nelsonville section was transferred to FM 2502.
Ranch to Market Road 335 (RM 335) is a state-maintained, farm-to-market road, which connects rural and agricultural to market towns, in the U.S. state of Texas. The highway travels through Real and Edwards counties. It originates at its intersection with State Highway 55 (SH 55) just north of Barksdale. The 29-mile-long (47 km) road's northern terminus is at its intersection with SH 41.
On February 23, 1956, RM 335 was redesignated from FM 335 and was extended north to SH 41, replacing RM 2378 which ended 12 miles (19 km) south of SH 41.
FM 336 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 83 northward 7.4 miles (11.9 km) up the West Frio River. On December 17, 1952, FM 336 extended north to SH 41, replacing the 13-mile (21 km) FM 1434. On October 1, 1956, FM 336 was changed to RM 336.
The original FM 340 was designated on June 23, 1945 from SH 14, 3 miles south of Groesbeck to 2.5 miles south of Big Hill in Limestone County. FM 340 was cancelled on December 17, 1947 and combined with FM 147.
Farm to Market Road 344 is located in Smith County. It runs from SH 155 near Noonday to SH 110 near Troup.
FM 344 was designated on June 11, 1945, from Eureka (now part of Teaselville) to Bullard. On February 17, 1947, the road was extended east to SH 110. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended west to SH 155. The final change was on January 1, 1971, when the western terminus was relocated.
Farm to Market Road 346 (FM 346), is a 28.760-mile (46.285 km) farm to market road in Cherokee and Smith counties, Texas. It runs from FM 855 in unincorporated Cherokee County at its western terminus to State Highway 110 (SH 110) in Troup at its eastern terminus. FM 346 was established from Whitehouse west 2.5 miles (4.0 km) and from Whitehouse east 2.5 miles (4.0 km) on June 11, 1945. On October 29, 1948, it extended west to U.S. Highway 69. On November 20, 1951, it extended west to FM 344. On December 17, 1952, it extended east to SH 110. It reached its current route on June 28, 1963, when it extended southwest to FM 855.
Farm to Market Road 350 (FM 350) is a 27.706-mile (44.588 km) farm to market road in Polk County, Texas. It runs from FM 3126 in unincorporated Polk County at its western terminus (near the eastern shore of Lake Livingston) to U.S. Highway 59 (US 59; future Interstate 69) in Moscow at its eastern terminus. FM 350 was established on June 11, 1945, from US 190 southwest 5 miles (8.0 km). On October 29, 1953, it extended north 11 miles (18 km). On October 13, 1954, it extended north to FM 1643 near Colita. On February 21, 1958, it extended east to US 59, replacing FM 1643. On June 2, 1967, it extended southwestward to FM 1988. On October 23, 1967, the section from FM 3126 to FM 1988 was transferred to FM 3126.
Farm to Market Road 351 is located in Bee County. It runs from SH 202 west, north and east to US 181, forming a partial loop around Beeville.
FM 351 was designated on October 31, 1957 from US 181 (now US 181 Business) near the south city limit of Beeville, east to SH 202. On July 11, 1968 the road was extended west, north and east to US 181 north of Beeville, replacing FM 299. On November 26, 1969 the road was extended 1.1 miles east to a relief route. On February 26, 1986 a 2-mile section from US 181 northeast to US 59 was added, but this section was cancelled on December 21, 1987, bringing the highway to its final configuration.
Farm to Market Road 356 is located in Trinity and Polk counties. It runs from SH 94 at Trinity southeast and south to Lake Livingston.
FM 356 was designated on June 14, 1945 from Trinity southeast 5 miles. On November 23, 1948 the road was extended southeast to Sebastopol. On December 17, 1952 the road was extended southeast 3.6 miles to a road intersection. On November 21, 1956 the road was extended to US 190 near the Trinity River, replacing FM 351. On March 31, 1970 a section of FM 356 from US 190 south 2.2 miles was transferred to FM 3186 and two underwater sections totaling 4.7 miles were cancelled. The final change was on April 24, 2003 when a segment of surplus right of way eroded by Lake Livingston (TxDOT no longer needed the segment) and a .064 mile section of FM 356 near the north shore of Lake Livingston were removed from the state highway system.
Farm to Market Road 359 is located in Fort Bend and Waller counties. It runs from US 90A east of Richmond to US 290/SH 6 east of Hempstead.
FM 359 was designated on June 18, 1945, from US 59, 1 mile east of Richmond, northwest to the Waller County line and from Richmond south to Thompsons. The same day the road was extended northwest through Brookshire to SH 6 southeast of Hempstead. This replaced part of SH 6. On September 26, 1945, the road was extended to US 290 at or near Hempstead. On August 1, 1947, the Thompsons-Richmond section was cancelled (it is now FM 762 and FM 2759). On December 15, 1982, the road was extended to the new location of US 290, bringing the highway to its final length.
Farm to Market Road 360 is located in Fort Bend County. It runs from SH 36 in Needville to US 59/Loop 540 near Beasley.
FM 360 was designated on June 18, 1945, from SH 36 in Needville to US 59. On March 26, 1953, a spur connection to SH 36 was added. This spur connection was transferred to FM 1236 on October 31, 1958. The final change was on May 20, 2014, when FM 360 was extended to Loop 540.
Farm to Market Road 362 is located in Grimes and Waller counties. It runs from SH 105 east of Navasota south to FM 1488 at Fields Store and from FM 1488 near the Harris County line south via Waller to FM 359 in Brookshire.
FM 362 was designated on June 18, 1945, from US 290 at Prairie View northeast to Joseph. On October 8, 1945, the description was changed so that FM 362 ran from US 290 near Waller 10 miles south toward Brookshire. The road was extended south 4 miles on December 16, 1948, and north to FM 1098 on September 15, 1949, replacing FM 1473. On May 23, 1951, the road was extended south to FM 359 in Brookshire, and north to the Grimes County Line on December 17, 1952, creating a concurrency with FM 1488 and replacing a portion of FM 1098. On March 24, 1954, the road was extended north to SH 6 near Navasota, replacing FM 245 which ended 1.6 miles north of the Grimes County Line. On July 12, 1967, FM 362 was rerouted, replacing old FM 2988; the old route of FM 362 was renumbered FM 2988.
Farm to Market Road 372 is wholly located within Cooke County.
FM 372 was designated on June 23, 1945, from US 77 Gainesville southeast 8.8 miles toward Mountain Springs. On December 17, 1951, FM 372 extended north 2.8 miles incorporating old US 77. On October 28, 1953, FM 372 extended southeast 7.7 miles to a road intersection. On September 29, 1954, FM 372 extended southeast 6.8 miles to FM 455. On November 23, 1959, US 82 was rerouted so that it was no longer concurrent with FM 372. On October 21, 1981, 3.3 miles were deleted after the construction of Lake Ray Roberts.
In its current configuration the road begins at an intersection with Interstate 35, continuing generally southeast into Gainesville before exiting the city to the southeast. After passing through the rural communities of Burns City and Mountain Springs, the road continues southward until its intersection with Farm to Market Road 3002. At that intersection the road physically continues as FM3002 in a southwestern direction while FM 372 continues southward until reaching the community of Broomfield where it ends and becomes a local road.
FM 373 was originally designated on June 23, 1945, from U.S. Highway 82 (US 82) in Muenster north 5 miles (8.0 km). On November 23, 1948, it extended 5.4 miles (8.7 km) south to what was later FM 1630 at Linn School. On September 29, 1954, it extended north 5.4 miles (8.7 km) to a road intersection. On February 15, 1959, FM 373 extended 4.6 miles (7.4 km) to FM 2382. On May 7, 1974, FM 373 extended south 2.5 miles (4.0 km) from FM 1630. On December 20, 1988, FM 373 extended south 2.7 miles (4.3 km) to FM 922 and north to FM 677, both in the same minute order.
Farm to Market Road 374 is located in Eastland and Callahan counties. It runs from SH 206 in Cross Plains to FM 569 in Pioneer.
FM 374 was designated on September 27, 1954, from FM 880 in Cross Plains east and south to SH 36 over a former routing of SH 36. The only change was on February 6, 1973, when the western terminus was redesignated as SH 206 and it was extended east to FM 569.
The original FM 374 was designated on June 25, 1945, from SH 199 in Megargel to a point 6.6 miles northeast in Archer County. On May 23, 1951, FM 374 was extended northeast to SH 25 west of Archer City, replacing FM 1196. The highway was extended 2.6 miles south of Megargel on January 23, 1953. FM 374 was cancelled on October 28, 1953 and transferred to FM 210.
The second use of the FM 379 designation was on May 23, 1951, from US 87 in Sterling City south 1.5 miles in Sterling County. The road was extended southwest 5 miles on December 17, 1952, and another 2.5 miles southwest on October 29, 1953. On October 26, 1954, the road was extended southwest 35 miles into Tom Green and Irion counties to US 67 in Barnhart, replacing FM 2008. On October 1, 1956, the designation was changed to RM 379
The original FM 387 was designated on June 16, 1945, from US 87 at or near Sterling City northeast 12 miles (19 km) in Sterling County. The road was extended to Edith on September 9, 1947, and to Loop 229 in Robert Lee on July 22, 1949. On November 24, 1959, a spur connection from near Loop 229 to SH 208 was added. On December 16, 1960, the spur connection became part of FM 387, while the main route itself was transferred to Loop 229. On January 12, 1969, FM 387 was rerouted due to the construction of the Robert Lee Reservoir; the old route was redesignated as FM 1904. On May 6, 1969, FM 387 was cancelled and transferred to SH 158.
The first use of the FM 388 designation was in Washington County, from SH 36 south of Brenham via Muellersville to the Austin County line. FM 388 was cancelled on December 16, 1948 and combined with FM 109.
Farm to Market Road 389 is located in Fayette, Austin and Washington counties. It runs from FM 954 via Shelby to BS 36-J in Brenham.
FM 389 was designated on June 11, 1945, from Brenham to Klump. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended to US 290 southwest of Burton and to SH 36 (now BS 36-J) in Brenham. On October 31, 1958, FM 389 was rerouted; the old route was transferred to FM 2502, while FM 389 was routed over the old route of FM 2502 to FM 1457. The final change came on September 5, 1973, when the road was extended to FM 954, replacing FM 3281.
FM 390 begins at US 290 in Burton and follows W. Washington Street northeastward to N. Main Street where it intersects Spur 125. FM 390 turns northwest along Main Street and then northeast along La Bahia Trail intersecting FM 1697 before leaving Burton. The route merges with FM 1948 moving southwest for less than half a mile before branching off to the northeast. The route intersects FM 2679 at Longpoint and then crosses under the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway at Gay Hill through a 10.5-foot (3.2 m) single lane underpass, before intersecting SH 36. At Independence, FM 390's short spur route branches off to Old Baylor Park before FM 390 crosses FM 50. From Independence, the route passes to the east intersecting FM 2621 before reaching William Penn. The route then intersects FM 1935 and then turns south toward its terminus at SH 105.
FM 390 generally follows along a portion of the much older La Bahía Road from western Louisiana into southeast Texas used before European settlement. The road was extended by the Spanish to Goliad and used by American pioneers settling in Texas.
The first portion of the modern road to join the state's highway system was the section in Independence from Old Baylor Park to the present FM 50 which, along with FM 50 south of that juncture, was first designated as SH 211 sometime between 1933 and 1936. By 1939 that highway was decommissioned but reinstated in 1940. SH 211 was replaced by FM 50 and State Highway Spur 197 along the present FM 390 at Independence in 1943.
Two years before in Burton, State Highway Loop 125 was designated along the present Spur 125 and the portion of the present FM 390 between Spur 125 and US 290. FM 390 was initially designated on June 11, 1945 from Loop 125 in Burton to SH 36 near Gay Hill. On September 26, 1945, FM 390 was extended over Loop 125 to US 290, and Loop 125 was shortened to its present spur. On May 23, 1951, FM 390 was extended 4.0 miles (6.4 km) east of SH 36 and an additional 0.8 miles (1.3 km) on January 14, 1952. On October 26, 1954, the route was extended to FM 50 south of Independence and then from the junction of FM 50 and Spur 197 in Independence east to William Penn. The route at Independence was realigned on March 13, 1958 creating the route's spur and eliminating the route's concurrency with FM 50 south of town and replacing Spur 197. FM 390 was extended south of William Penn on November 5, 1971 to a portion of SH 90 that would be renumbered as SH 105 in 1973.
In 1995, the Texas Legislature passed a law recognizing FM 390 as a scenic highway and directing TxDOT to erect route markers indicating the route number and the road's scenic status. In response, TxDOT erected along the route a shields unique among the state's Farm to Market Roads with a distinctive brown background resembling the shields of the state's Recreational Roads.
Farm to Market Spur 390 (FM Spur 390) is a short spur route of FM 390 at Independence that branches off of its parent route along Old Baylor Road to the west terminating at Old Baylor Park, the original location of Baylor University, chartered in 1845 by the Congress of the Republic of Texas and opened the following year, and the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, formerly Baylor University's women's department. Both colleges relocated to their current campuses in Waco and Belton respectively in 1886.
The spur was the northern terminus of SH 211 beginning between 1933 and 1936. SH 211 was decommissioned by 1939, but was reinstated in 1940. SH 211 was again decommissioned in 1942, and the spur became the western terminus of Spur 197. SS 197 was incorporated into FM 390 in 1958.
The original FM 392 was designated on June 22, 1945 in two sections: one section ran from Bremond to Nesbitt and the other section ran from Franklin to US 79 at Owensville. The sections were connected on November 23, 1948. FM 392 was cancelled on May 15, 1954 and combined with FM 46.
Farm to Market Road 394 is located entirely in Kerrville. The highway is known locally as Francisco Lemos Street.
FM 394 begins at an intersection with Loop 98 near Peterson Regional Medical Center and the Kerrville State Hospital. The highway crosses over the Guadalupe River before having an intersection with Water Street at a traffic signal. FM 394 travels another block before ending at an intersection with SH 27.
The current FM 394 was designated on July 11, 1968 along the current route.
The original FM 394 was designated on June 16, 1945 from La Pryor to Batesville as a replacement of a portion of SH 76. On July 15, 1949 the road was extended east 2.3 miles. On February 21, 1950 the road was extended east 32.7 miles to US 81. On March 29, 1962 the road was extended southeast 4.2 miles to a county road. The section from US 81 southeast 4.2 miles was cancelled on November 23, 1962; the remainder of FM 394 was cancelled on October 30, 1964 and transferred back to SH 76 (now US 57).
Farm to Market Road 396 is located in Hidalgo County. It runs from the Anzalduas Internation Bridge north to BU 83-S.
FM 396 was designated on May 5, 1966 from US 83 (now I-2), 1 mile east of FM 1016, north to Loop 374 (now BU 83-S). On June 27, 1995 the route was transferred to UR 396. On February 23, 2006, by district request, the road was extended south to connect to the proposed Anzalduas International Bridge, which opened to traffic on December 15, 2009.
The original FM 396 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 214, 5 miles north of Denver City, east to Bennett. On July 20, 1948 the section from Wellman to the Yoakum County line was added, creating a gap. This gap was closed on May 23, 1951. FM 396 was cancelled on February 10, 1966 and combined with FM 213.
Farm to Market Road 399 is located in Garza County. It runs from Pleasant Valley to US 380, and from US 380 to FM 1313 at Graham.
FM 399 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 380 west of Post north to Close City. On November 20, 1951 the road was extended north to US 84. On September 19, 1968 the US 84-Pleasant Valley section and the US 380-FM 1313 sections were added, replacing FM 397 and FM 398 and creating a concurrency with US 380.