Farm to Market Road 700 is located in Howard County. It runs from Business I-20 in Big Spring to US 87 north of Big Spring.
FM 700 was designated on November 8, 1946, from US 80 (now I-20 Bus.) west of Big Spring to the north boundary of the Air Force Training School Area. This was formerly War Highway 14 from 1942 to 1946. On October 16, 1951, the road was extended east 2.5 miles to US 87, replacing a section of PR 8. On July 16, 1957, the road was extended east and north 4.3 miles. On September 27, 1960, the road was extended north 3.9 miles to SH 350. On June 15, 1961, the northern terminus was relocated to FM 669 and SH 350, shortening the route by 1 mile. On August 30, 1988, a 2.2-mile section from SH 350 west to US 87 was added.
Farm to Market Road 703 was a designation applied to a highway in West Texas. No highway uses the FM 703 designation now.
FM 703 was designated on November 8, 1946, from Kermit to the Andrews County line. On May 7, 1948, the road was extended northeast to the Dawson, Gaines, and Martin County lines. On January 27, 1949, the road was extended to Lamesa. On September 28, 1949, the road was rerouted to SH 349 at Patricia, completing its routing. On October 21, 1952, FM 703 was signed (but not designated) as part of State Highway 115. FM 703 was cancelled on August 29, 1990, as the road was officially designated as State Highway 115.
Farm to Market Road 704 is located in Jones County. It runs from SH 6 southwest of Stamford east and north to FM 142.
FM 704 was designated on January 22, 1947, from US 380 (now SH 6) southeast of Stamford to Stamford Airport. on October 31, 1958, the road was extended east and north to FM 142, bringing the highway to its final length.
Farm to Market Road 707 is located in Jones and Taylor counties. It runs from US 83 south of Anson to IH 20 in Tye. It runs to the west of Dyess Air Force Base.
FM 707 was designated on December 10, 1946, from the east boundary of Camp Barkley east to US 83. It had been War Highway 7. On May 23, 1951, the road was extended north 12.7 miles to a junction with FM 708, replacing it to the Jones County Line. On November 20, 1951, the road was extended to FM 605. On February 20, 1952, the road was extended north to US 83, replacing FM 1227 and creating a concurrency with FM 605. On November 24, 1959, the road was extended east 2.4 miles to FM 1750. On January 31, 1973, a spur connection to US 83 and US 84 was added. On June 27, 1995, the section of FM 707 from IH 20 to UR 1750 and the spur connection were transferred to UR 707.
The original FM 708 was designated on December 10, 1946, from US 80 (now IH 20) at Tye to SH 158 at Caps. On July 14, 1949, the road was extended north to the Jones County line. FM 708 was cancelled on July 11, 1951, and combined with FM 707.
Farm to Market Road 709 is located in Navarro County. It runs from SH 31 in Corsicana to SH 31 west of Dawson. There is a brief concurrency with SH 31 in Dawson.
FM 709 was designated on February 20, 1947, from SH 31 at Dawson via Pickett to an intersection with SH 31 in Corsicana. On November 10, 1947, the road was extended north to a re-routed SH 31, replacing Spur 138. On October 29, 1962, the road was extended north from SH 31, creating a concurrency with SH 31 and replacing a section of FM 639. On June 1, 1965, the road was extended west and south 7.8 miles to SH 31, bringing the highway to its final length.
Farm to Market Road 711 is located in San Augustine and Shelby counties. It runs from US 96 at San Augustine to SH 7 southwest of Center.
FM 711 was designated on May 23, 1951, from the new location of US 96 near San Augustine northwest 4.1 miles to a road intersection. On August 24, 1955, the road was extended northwest 3.5 miles to a road intersection. On October 31, 1958, the road was extended 10 miles to FM 1821, and the 3.7-mile FM 1821 was combined, extending the road to SH 7.
FM 712 begins at a four-way intersection with FM 2027 about 5.0 miles (8.0 km) northeast of Lott. The continuation of the road to the southwest, which ends in Lott, is called Falls Road. From its start point, FM 712 goes east-northeast a distance of 2.6 miles (4.2 km) to a bridge over the Brazos River. There is a county park and historical marker on the east side of the bridge that commemorates Sarahville de Viesca, the short-lived capital of Robertson's Colony. FM 712 intersects with County Road 301 0.4 miles (0.6 km) past the bridge where it changes direction to the northeast. The highway passes County Road 302 on the left and the William P. Hobby Unit, a state prison for women, on the right. Continuing northeast, FM 712 crosses a railroad and intersects with County Road 287. The highway passes County Road 285 and ends at Loop 23 about 0.9 miles (1.4 km) south of the Marlin city limit. The highway is two lanes wide for its entire length.
The designation of FM 712 in its current location occurred on December 19, 1959. It was a rerouting and a renumbering of part of FM 147. The highway started at SH 6 south of Marlin and continued 2.9 miles (4.7 km) southwest to a road junction. On November 15, 1973, FM 712 was extended an additional 3.2 miles (5.1 km) to FM 2027 at Carter Munsch Church. On November 30, 1978, the highway's designation was altered to start at FM 2027, go northeast, and end at Loop 23 (now Bus. SH 6) south of Marlin.
The next use of the FM 712 designation was on May 23, 1951, from US 81 in Itasca northeast 5.2 miles. On December 17, 1951, the western terminus was moved to FM 66 though the highway had the same mileage. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended 4.1 miles to US 81. FM 712 was cancelled on October 31, 1958, and transferred to FM 67.
The original FM 719 was designated on September 9, 1947, from US 59, 2.5 miles east of Edna, north through Cordele at a total distance of 16 miles. FM 719 was cancelled on December 17, 1952, and transferred to FM 530.
FM 720 is a suburban road that begins at US 380 just west of the Lincoln Park town limits. It travels southward, through Oak Point, before turning to the southeast and entering Little Elm. It merges onto eastbound El Dorado Parkway, while the Parkway westbound connects with the Lewisville Lake Toll Bridge and the city of Lake Dallas. The route continues northeast and east, as the main thoroughfare through Little Elm. In eastern Little Elm, El Dorado Parkway branches off to the north, while FM 720 continues east to its terminus at FM 423.
FM 720 was first designated in neighboring Collin County on October 17, 1947; it replaced an old alignment of SH 24 between SH 289 and US 75, connecting Frisco and McKinney. On September 9, 1955, the route was extended into Denton County, to the new alignment of SH 24 (which would become US 380 in 1977), replacing FM 388 from SH 24 to FM 423 and portions of FM 423 from Old SH 24 to FM 388. On June 30, 1958, the section from US 75 east to SH 5 was cancelled. The route was truncated on August 30, 2001, when the portion from FM 2478 to US 75 was mostly removed from the state highway system. On January 31, 2002, a segment in east Frisco between SH 289 and FM 2478 was retained on the system and redesignated as FM 3537, while the section from FM 423 to SH 289 was removed from the state highway system, bringing the route of FM 720 to its current length.
FM 723 starts at the intersection of US 90A (Avenue H) and SH 36 (First Street) in Rosenberg and heads north on First Street. After one block, FM 723 crosses over multiple railroad tracks via the John H. Arredondo Bridge. On the north side of the bridge, there is a traffic signal at Avenue D. The highway, which is also called Houston Street, goes past Brazos Park and crosses the Brazos River by a bridge 0.5 miles (0.8 km) north of its starting point. Leaving the river behind, FM 723 passes through a rural landscape with an occasional subdivision. At a distance 4.0 miles (6.4 km) from the start, there are three school buildings belonging to the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District on the east side of the highway. From south to north, these are Werthimer Middle School, Briscoe Junior High School and John and Randolph Foster High School. There is a state historical marker in front of the high school. After passing the schools, FM 723 intersects with FM 359 at a traffic light 4.9 miles (7.9 km) from its start. The highway crosses Jones Creek 0.4 miles (0.6 km) north of FM 359 and proceeds an additional 3.3 miles (5.3 km) to a traffic signal at Bellaire Boulevard and Fulshear-Gaston Road. After another 0.8 miles (1.3 km), FM 723 ends at a traffic light at FM 1093. The continuation of the road north into a suburban area is called Spring Green Boulevard.
FM 723 was designated on August 1, 1947, to start from Rosenberg and run about 5.2 miles (8.4 km) north to FM 359. On June 1, 1965, the highway was extended about 4.8 miles (7.7 km) from FM 359 to FM 1093. The intersection with FM 1093 was 2.0 miles (3.2 km) east of FM 1463.
FM 725 begins at an intersection with FM 467 in south Seguin, near its junction with SH 123 Business. The route travels west to an intersection with SH 46 before leaving Seguin and making a dogleg to the north-northwest. Just outside the Seguin city limits, FM 725 intersects US 90 and has a junction with IH 10 at its Exit #604. The route has a brief concurrency with FM 78 in McQueeney before resuming a northward direction and passing Lake McQueeney before entering New Braunfels. In New Braunfels, FM 725 (known as Seguin Avenue) has a junction with IH 35 at its Exit #187. The FM 725 designation ends at an intersection with IH 35 Business/SH 46 Business, the former route of US 81 in New Braunfels.
FM 725 was designated in Guadalupe County on September 9, 1947; its southern terminus was at FM 78 in McQueeney, and its northern terminus was at the Comal County line. On December 16, 1948, the designation was extended into Comal County, to US 81 in New Braunfels. The southward extension from FM 78 to US 90 occurred on September 20, 1961. The route was lengthened to the south, to Leissner Road (the location of the current dogleg in the route west of Seguin), on January 5, 1971. The extension to FM 467 was made on November 3, 1972, bringing FM 725 to its current routing.
The designation indicates a break in FM 725 at FM 78; however, signage in the area indicates a concurrency.
Farm to Market Road 726 is located in Marion, Harrison and Upshur counties. It runs from FM 729 near French Creek to US 271.
FM 726 was designated on October 25, 1947, from SH 49, 3 miles northwest of Jefferson, southwest 6 miles. On November 18, 1953, a 1.6-mile section was transferred to FM 729. On November 21, 1956, the road was extended west along the Ferrells Bridge Dam to FM 450. On September 27, 1960, the road was extended west 3.5 miles from FM 450 to a road intersection, creating a concurrency with FM 450. On June 28, 1963, the road was extended southwest to US 271, replacing FM 1973 and creating concurrencies with SH 154 and FM 1650. On September 30, 1974, the northern terminus was relocated, shortening the route by 1.6 miles.
Farm to Market Road 729 is located in Morris and Marion counties. It runs from SH 26 at the Lone Star Steel Plant southeast to SH 49 near Jefferson.
FM 729 was designated on October 25, 1947, from FM 726 northwest of Jefferson west 7.5 miles. On July 15, 1949, the road was extended to the new location of SH 155. On November 20, 1951, the road was extended northwest 5.5 miles to SH 26. On November 18, 1953, the road was extended southeast to SH 49, replacing a section of FM 726.
Farm to Market Road 730 or FM 730 is a two-lane, state-maintained highway connecting various farming areas of Montague, Wise, Parker, and Tarrant Counties.
FM 730 was designated On September 9, 1947, from SH 199 at Azle to the Wise County line. On May 23, 1951, the road was extended north to SH 114 at Boyd. On February 6, 1953, the road was extended north to SH 24 (now US 380), replacing FM 1882. On November 21, 1956, the road was extended north 7.4 miles to a road intersection and a gap was added at Boyd. On June 2, 1967, the road was extended northeast 6.4 miles to a road intersection. On September 5, 1973, the road was extended northeast 3.5 miles to the Montague County line. On October 26, 1983, a section from FM 455 to the Wise County line was added. On December 20, 1984, the road was extended southwest to US 80 (now US 180), replacing FM 1707.
FM 730 terminates at FM 455 near Forestburg in Montague County at its northern end and at US 180 in Weatherford at its southern end.
FM 731 begins at an intersection with FM 917 south of Burleson and east of Joshua. The highway travels north to Burleson, running along the town's eastern border. FM 731 enters Crowley, intersecting with Farm to Market Road 1187 and runs through the center of town. Development along the highway becomes more sparse before entering Fort Worth at Risinger Road. FM 731 runs through a heavily developed area of the city's southside before ending at Interstate 20.
FM 731 was designated on September 9, 1947, from the then-proposed Fort Worth Southwest Loop south to Crowley. On October 26, 1950, FM 731 was extended north to US 81 at Kellis Street. On October 13, 1954, FM 731 extended west and south to FM 917. On November 22, 1955, the section west of FM 1187 became part of FM 1187, and the section south of FM 1187 was renumbered FM 1902. On August 11, 1958, the section from I-820 (now I-20) to US 81 was cancelled. On May 6, 1964, FM 731 was extended south to FM 917, replacing FM 2233 and FM 2035. On June 27, 1995, the section from SH 174 to I-20 was transferred to Urban Road 731.
Farm to Market Road 734 is located in Travis and Williamson counties. It runs from RM 1431 south and southeast to US 290.
FM 734 was designated on April 25, 1978, from FM 1325 southeast to Loop 275. On April 23, 1981, the road was extended northwest to RM 620. On October 24, 1985, a 4.5-mile section from RM 620 to RM 1431 was added. On May 16, 1988, a 7.5-mile section from Loop 275 to US 290 was added. The final change was on June 27, 1995, when the entire route was transferred to UR 734.
The original FM 734 was designated on November 18, 1947, from US 87 at Brady southeast via Voca to the Mason County line. On October 29, 1948, the road was extended southeast to FM 386 at Fredonia. On May 28, 1952, the road was extended southeast to SH 29 northwest of Llano, replacing a section of RM 386 (which was changed from FM 386). On May 22, 1958, the route was rerouted out of Voca, shortening the route by 0.1 mile. On April 30, 1959, the western terminus was relocated south of Brady and the former route was transferred to FM 2309. On March 16, 1961, FM 734 was changed to RM 734.
On March 16, 1961, the FM 734 designation was changed to RM 734. RM 734 was cancelled on September 1, 1965, and transferred to State Highway 71, though signage was not changed until January 1, 1966.
The original FM 736 was designated on September 9, 1947, from Alice east to the Nueces County line. On July 14, 1949, the road was extended east 1.9 miles. FM 736 was cancelled on November 2, 1955, and transferred to FM 665, though signage was not changed until the 1956 travel map was published.
The next use of the FM 737 designation was on May 23, 1951, from FM 308 near Birome to SH 31 at Mount Calm. On November 13, 1953, the road was extended to FM 73 at Prairie Hill, replacing FM 1662 and creating a concurrency with SH 31. On December 3, 1964, the road was extended southeast to US 84, creating a concurrency with FM 73. On June 2, 1967, the road was extended northwest to FM 2114. FM 737 was cancelled on July 15, 1971, and combined with FM 339.
The highway is notorious among locals for its many sharp turns and curves.
FM 740 starts at the Kaufman-Dallas county line between Seagoville and Forney. The road continues south as Malloy Bridge Road, which runs to I-45 in Wilmer. There is no signage marking the end of FM 740, much less a sign noting the county line. FM 740 runs northeast to I-20 in the easternmost part of Mesquite. FM 740 makes two right angle turns just north of I-20. The first is at FM 548, where northbound traffic must turn right to continue on FM 740 and southbound traffic must stop. The second is about a 1/4 mile northwest of FM 548 at County Road 202.
The highway enters Forney as South Bois d' Arc Street. Near the town square 740 runs a short distance with FM 688 (an old alignment of US 80) before turning north on Pinson Road. FM 740 intersects US 80 before turning left, running out of Forney.
FM 740 was designated on September 9, 1947 from the Rockwall County Line across US 80 to the Dallas County Line. On July 15, 1949, FM 740 extended north to FM 550. On November 4, 1955, the section of FM 550 from FM 740 to US 67 was transferred to FM 740. On April 30, 1959, FM 740 replaced part of the old location of US 80, the rest on the east became a spur connection. The west section of old US 80 was removed from the system. On January 8, 1960, the section of FM 740 on old US 80 and FM 740 spur connection were redesignated as part of the new FM 688. On June 28, 1963, FM 740 extended north to SH 205. On February 26, 1986, FM 740 was shifted to the west. The old route was cancelled and removed from the state highway system; this would be transferred to FM 548 in 1998. On June 27, 1995, the section from FM 1140 to SH 205 became an urban road. On February 22, 2018, the section from FM 688 to FM 741 was given to the city of Forney.
FM 740 in Heath is being widened from two lanes to four lanes. The 1.5-mile expansion is between FM 549 and FM 1140. The project was approved in 2012 with a budget of $12 million. On February 22, 2018, the section from FM 688 to FM 741 was removed from the state highway system.
Farm to Market Road 742 (FM 742) is a Farm to Market Road located entirely in the city of Waco and is part of Chappel Hill Road through its length.
The highway begins at its southern terminus, Spur 484, in Waco, as a two-lane, paved, asphalt road. From there, FM 742 travels in a northeasterly direction on Chappel Hill Road, crossing over a railroad track and continuing on with businesses on the northwest side and a field on the southeast. FM 742 reaches its northern terminus at Old Marlin Road after a distance of 0.175 miles (282 m). Chappel Hill Road continues northeast for another 1.3 miles (2.1 km) without the FM 742 designation, passing several homes and fields before reaching its northern terminus at Loop 340.
On May 7, 1970, FM 742 was designated on its current route in far eastern Waco. FM 742 is erroneously listed as the shortest route in Texas's Farm/Ranch to Market Road system, at just 0.175 miles (282 m). The shortest route in Texas's Farm/Ranch to Market Road system is actually FM 122.
The first FM 742 was designated on September 9, 1947, from FM 81, 3 miles north of Runge to a dead end point just past a junction with Karnes County Road 317. FM 742 was cancelled on February 15, 1970, and combined with FM 627.
The first FM 744 was designated on September 9, 1947, from US 181 at Hobson south 5 miles. On March 31, 1948, the section from Hobson to SH 123 was added. FM 744 was cancelled on January 6, 1950, and combined with FM 81.
The original FM 745 was designated on September 9, 1947, from SH 214, 9 miles south of Muleshoe, east to the Lamb County line. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended east 2.6 miles to US 84. FM 745 was cancelled on November 1, 1968, and combined with FM 746.
Farm to Market Road 747, or FM 747, in eastern Texas (USA), runs about 21.03 miles (33.84 km) from an intersection with US 84 west of Maydelle, north to a multiplex west of Jacksonville, then west (but still signed north) to a county road east of the border of Cherokee and Anderson counties.
FM 747 has no local street names. Mostly rural, the landscape along the road is mainly hilly with trees and farms. The west shore of Lake Jacksonville can be seen for a portion of FM 747, looking east, for a short span south of US 79. The road has 2 lanes and no shoulders for its entire length. All of FM 747 is in west-central Cherokee County.
The road was commissioned in September 1947, and has gone through four changes since. It is unclear when any part of FM 747 was constructed to completion. The Minute Order on September 9, 1947 was for FM 747 to be 8.2 miles (13.2 km) from southwest of Jacksonville to US 79 in Jacksonville. October 25, 1947 was the next dated Minute Order, adding 0.9 miles (1.4 km) further southwest. On July 14, 1949, another Minute Order added 7.2 miles (11.6 km), bringing FM 747 further south to an intersection with US 84 west of Maydelle. The change of FM 747's northern terminus was the subject of the August 1957 Minute Order, this took FM 747 outside Jacksonville (to make way for the construction of Lake Jacksonville) to a new terminus point on US 79. Finally, the road took its current shape with a Minute Order on October 31, 1957, which added a 6.5 miles (10.5 km) western extension north of US 79. The road serves the communities of Pierces Chapel and New Hope. The road connects the rural area to US 79 which goes east (but is signed north) to Jacksonville and west (but is signed south) to Palestine. FM 747 intersects with various county roads, its multiplex with US 79, and US 84, its southern terminus. A Union Pacific rail line also crosses the road just north of US 79.
Farm to Market Road 752, or FM 752, in the eastern part of Texas (USA), runs about 13.83 miles (22.26 km) from an intersection with TX 294 in Alto, north past 2 intersections to downtown Rusk where it intersects FM 23, Loop 62, and US 84/TX 110. The road is located in central Cherokee County. Originally, FM 752 was shorter due to the commission in the Minute Order on September 9, 1947; its southern terminus was 7.8 miles (12.6 km) south of Rusk, then north to downtown Rusk. A January 31, 1972, Administrative Authority order added 6.5 miles (10.5 km) more from another road, FM 2139 (current designation is RM 2139), which brought the southern terminus down to Alto.
FM 752 has three local street names: Quincy Avenue and Palestine Street in Alto, and Main Street in Rusk. Urban at each terminus and largely rural for the rest of its length, FM 752 passes by a landscape of rolling hills of trees and farmland. All of FM 752 has 2 lanes and no shoulders.
FM 752 was commissioned on September 9, 1947. It is unclear when any part of FM 752 was built. The road serves just the towns of Alto and Rusk. The southern terminus intersection connects to TX 294, which goes west to Elkhart and is a short distance from TX 21, which goes east to Nacogdoches and southwest to Crockett. The northern terminus connects to US 84, which goes east to Reklaw and Mount Enterprise, and west to Palestine) and TX 110, going north to New Summerfield and Troup; Loop 62 connects to 2 different intersections of US 69. FM 752 has intersections, besides those at county roads, at FM 241 just south of Rusk, FM 343 on the south side of Rusk, and its termini in Alto and Rusk.
Farm to Market Road 753 (FM 753) is a farm to market road located near Athens in eastern Texas.
The highway was first designated on October 25, 1947, running from State Highway 31 to FM 59. On December 17, 1952, the highway was extended further east to its current eastern terminus at State Highway 19.
FM 753 begins at an intersection with SH 31 in Crescent Heights, between Malakoff and Athens. The highway runs south before making a nearly 90 degree turn near County Road 1205, running in a more eastward direction. FM 753 has an intersection with FM 59 and turns northeast at County Road 1108. The highway has an intersection with RM 2970 and turns more into a northward direction before ending at an intersection with SH 19.
Farm to Market Road 756 is located in Smith County. It runs from FM 346 south to FM 344.
FM 756 was designated on September 9, 1947, from SH 110 near the south city limits of Tyler south to FM 346 west of Whitehouse. On July 14, 1949, the road was extended south 3.4 miles to FM 344. On July 31 1962, the northern terminus was relocated to Loop 323, shortening the route by 2.1 miles. The final change was on June 27, 1995, when the Loop 323–FM 346 section was transferred to UR 756.
FM 757 begins at an intersection with SH 31 in Smith County, where the road continues south as CR 21 (Red Bird Road). From this intersection, the route heads north on a two-lane undivided road, heading through wooded areas with some small fields and homes. The highway crosses FM 2767 and continues through more rural areas. FM 757 heads into a mix of farmland and woodland as it comes to an interchange with I-20. Past this interchange, the road runs between farms to the west and woods to the east, intersecting the western terminus of FM 1252 before crossing US 271. FM 757 runs through more agricultural and wooded areas, ending at an intersection with FM 16 in Starrville.
The route (former War Highway 17) was designated on September 9, 1947 from US 271 to SH 31. On October 29, 1948, FM 757 was extended 1.8 miles from Starrville to US 271. The final change came on June 28, 1963, when FM 757 was extended to a rerouted SH 31, bringing FM 757 to its current configuration.
The original FM 760 was designated on December 17, 1947, from FM 759 at or near Spearman south to the Hutchinson County line. FM 760 was cancelled on October 28, 1948, and combined with FM 279. In 1949, FM 279 was rerouted off of this road, and this road was redesignated as FM 760 again.
FM 761 begins at SH 17 and follows southeast along Stafford Boulevard, a two-lane street, passing Reeves County Hospital before turning northeast onto South Eddy Street. At that point it becomes a mixed residential and commercial five-lane street including a center left-turn lane. Beyond West Walthall Street, the route turns toward the northwest passing the Pecos Technical Training Center of Odessa College. Beyond West 7th Street the roadway becomes a three-lane street with a left-turn lane before terminating at Bus. I-20-B.
FM 761 was designated on January 27, 1948 as a 2.2-mile (3.5 km) highway from SH 17 along its current path on Stafford Boulevard and Eddy Street terminating at 8th Street. The route was extended to its current end at Bus. I-10-B on August 26, 1989.
FM 762 begins at a stop sign on FM 1462. At the intersection, southbound traffic on FM 762 can use a right-hand curve to access FM 1462 going west. After traveling 1.3 miles (2.1 km) north of the starting point, there is an intersection with Texas Park Road 72 at the entrance of Brazos Bend State Park. From the state park, FM 762 heads north, west, north and northwest for 5.9 miles (9.5 km) before reaching a three-way junction with FM 1994. In the northwesterly stretch, the highway crosses Big Creek and passes under electric transmission lines. At the intersection, FM 762 turns sharply to the northeast, then northwest, then northeast again before passing the George Ranch and curving to the north-northwest. The highway passes the George Ranch High School of the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District before crossing the BNSF Railway tracks and arriving at a stoplight-controlled intersection with FM 2759. From FM 1994 to FM 2759 at Crabb is a distance of 8.8 miles (14.2 km). At the intersection, FM 762 turns sharply left and parallels the BNSF tracks to the west-northwest for 2.5 miles (4.0 km) before coming to a stoplight at FM 2977. As highway starts to curve to the northwest, it crosses a bridge over I-69/US 59 at a distance of 0.3 miles (0.5 km) from the junction with FM 2977. There are shopping centers on the west side of the highway on both sides of I-69/US 59, which is locally called the Southwest Freeway. I-69/US 59 may be accessed in both directions via entrance ramps on the east side of FM 762. From I-69/US 59 at exit 103B, FM 762 heads to the northwest alongside the railroad tracks for 1.2 miles (1.9 km) to reach the traffic signal at FM 1640. The George Memorial Library is located on the east side of the intersection. From FM 1640, the highway continues 1.3 miles (2.1 km) nearly north to the stoplight on US 90A at Jackson Street. There is also a spur connection which turns east onto Austin Street for several blocks, then north on Second Street to terminate at the west end of the Brazos River bridge on US 90A.
FM 762 was designated on December 17, 1947, to start from US 59 at Richmond, go first to Crabb and then south to the Tadpole Road in the direction of Long Point. The total distance was 14.6 miles (23.5 km) and the leg from Crabb to the south was 8.9 miles (14.3 km) in length. The end location was at the 2013 site of the intersection of FM 762 and FM 1994.[note 1] Note that a 1955 map shows that US 59 shared the same route that is used by US 90A in 2013, which is about 3.0 miles (4.8 km) north of the 2013 path of US 59. On July 22, 1949, FM 762 was extended 4.4 miles (7.1 km) toward Long Point.
On May 23, 1951, FM 762 was extended south approximately 10.0 miles (16.1 km) to the county line and then an additional 1.4 miles (2.3 km) into Brazoria County to SH 36 near Damon. At that time, the highway's total distance was 30.1 miles (48.4 km). On October 10, 1961, the last 7.1 miles (11.4 km) segment of the highway going northeast from Damon was transferred to FM 1462. The total length of the highway was 21.3 miles (34.3 km) in 1961. On August 27, 1963, a 0.7 miles (1.1 km) spur connection in Richmond was made by routing the highway east on Austin Street and north on South 2nd Street to US 59 (now US 90A).
FM 768 has five local street names: Henderson Street in Rusk; Chandler Street and 1st Avenue (at its concurrence with FM 22) in Gallatin; and Corinth Road, Beaumont Street, and Adams Street in Jacksonville. The highway is an urban at each terminus and mostly rural for the rest of its length. FM 768 passes by a landscape of rolling hills of trees and farmland. While somewhat winding between Rusk and Gallatin, FM 768 is much more so with several twisty corners between Gallatin and Jacksonville. All of FM 768 has 2 lanes and no shoulders.
The first section of FM 768, from the US 69 intersection southeastward for 8.3 miles (13.4 km) was commissioned by Minute Order on September 9, 1947, then another Minute Order added on October 28, 1953, 2.4 miles (3.9 km) more, intersecting the road with FM 22 in Gallatin. On April 21, 1958, FM 854 was cancelled and the mileage added to FM 768's to extend the road to Rusk. It is unclear, exactly when any part of FM 768 was built. The road serves just the 3 towns of Rusk, Gallatin, and Jacksonville. The southern terminus connects to US 84/SH 110. The northern terminus intersection connects to US 69. FM 768 only has intersections at county roads, besides its concurrency with FM 22 in Gallatin, its crossing of Loop 456, and its termini.
FM 769 begins at SH 83 near the point where SH 83 crosses the New Mexico state line and meets NM 132 west of Denver City in southwestern Yoakum County. FM 769 continues northward closely following the state line and crossing US 82 southwest of Plains. The road continues north along the state link intersecting US 380 at Bronco northwest of Plains before crossing into Cochran County. The road then intersects FM 1585 before the road ends at SH 125 near the point where SH 125 meets NM 125 southwest of Bledsoe. FM 769 passes through mostly agricultural lands and oil and gas fields across the largely flat and featureless terrain of the Llano Estacado.
The route was designated in Cochran County between SH 214 in Lehman and SH 290, now SH 114 on November 18, 1947. On April 1, 1948, route was extended to the New Mexico state line the following year, while also being extended 10 miles (16 km) southward from Whiteface to an intersection with a road that two years later would become FM 301. On October 18, 1948, Spur 74 from SH 290 to Whiteface became a spur of FM 769. On December 17, 1952, FM 769 was extended southward 9.7 miles (15.6 km) along the New Mexico state line.
The route was first unofficially signed as SH 125 while officially maintaining its Farm to Market designation on March 30, 1955 allowing the route to be numerically continuous with the connecting New Mexico route. The following year, the portion of the route from FM 301 to Whiteface and the spur from Whiteface to SH 116 as the current SH 114 was designated as an extension to FM 1780 on November 2, 1955 with FM 769 ending where it intersected FM 1780. On May 2, 1962, the designation of FM 2010 was canceled and combined with FM 769 extending the route 11.5 miles (18.5 km) south along the state line to FM 1077 in Yoakum County. 12.2 miles (19.6 km) of new designation were added in addition from the south end of FM 769 to US 380, the north end of FM 2010. FM 1077 was renumbered as part of US 82 the following year. The route was extended 8.5 miles (13.7 km) farther south along the state line to SH 83 west of Denver City on January 26, 1969.
The SH 125 state highway designation became official on August 29, 1990, and the FM 769 designation was erroneously eliminated. However, this was corrected so that only the portion east of the state line became SH 125.
Farm to Market Road 781 was a designation applied to a highway in Andrews County. No highway uses the FM 781 designation now.
FM 781 was designated on May 7, 1948, from the Texas/New Mexico state line east to FM 703 (now SH 115), 19 miles southwest of Andrews. On August 30, 1955, FM 781 was signed (but not designated) as SH 128. FM 781 was cancelled on August 28, 1990, and transferred to State Highway 128.
Farm to Market Road 783 (or FM 783) was designated on May 7, 1948, from US 290 in Harper to SH 27 in Kerrville. On October 28, 1953, FM 783 was extended northeast 6.5 miles. On September 28, 1954, FM 783 was extended north to FM 648 at Doss and changed to RM 783.
Ranch to Market Road 783 (or RM 783) is a ranch-to-market road located in the Texas Hill Country.
RM 783 begins in Kerrville at an intersection with SH 27 (Junction Highway). RM 783 runs through west Kerrville and is known locally as Harper Road. The highway leaves the city just north of Holdsworth Drive and crosses Interstate 10 shortly thereafter. Just after crossing Interstate 10, RM 783 passes near the corporate office of James Avery Craftsman. The highway runs through rural and hilly areas of Kerr and Gillespie counties before arriving in the town of Harper, sharing an overlap with U.S. Route 290. After leaving the town, RM 783 runs through more hilly and rural areas of Gillespie County before entering Mason County, ending at an intersection with U.S. Route 87 southeast of Mason.
RM 783 was designated on September 29, 1954, as a redesignation of FM 783, going from SH 27 in Kerrville to FM 648 at Doss. On October 1, 1956, RM 783 extended north to US 87, replacing a portion of FM 648, which was redesignated as RM 648 that same day.
FM 785 was first designated in 1948, running from SH 207 east 6 miles to the Cedar Hill School in Floyd County. On December 17, 1952, the highway was extended northeast 10.6 miles to a road intersection. This FM 785 was cancelled on October 28, 1953, with the mileage being transferred to Farm to Market Road 97.
FM 789 was designated on May 7, 1948, from US 70 southward and eastward 6.8 miles to a road intersection south of Bellview School. On December 2, 1953, FM 789 extended south to 1 mile west of Estacado, replacing FM 1314. On October 31, 1957, FM 789 extended south to US 62. On July 28, 1959, FM 789 was rerouted 1 mile to the west, so that the section from FM 1527's previous end west 1 mile was transferred to FM 1527, the section from FM 1527 to US 62 was cancelled, and FM 789 was rerouted south on a road 1 mile west of the previous road. On May 5, 1966, FM 789 extended south to FM 40.
Farm to Market Road 793 is a short farm-to-market road located entirely in Fabens. The highway is known locally as Fabens Road.
FM 793 begins at an intersection with Farm to Market Road 76 a few blocks northeast of SH 20. The highway travels northeast through Fabens, passing near the Fabens Airport. FM 793 ends at I-10 on the town's northeastern boundary.
FM 793 was designated on October 31, 1958 on its current route.