File:Madonna - ray of light.ogg
Madonna_-_ray_of_light.ogg (Ogg Vorbis sound file, length 30 s, 76 kbps)
Fair use rationale for "Ray of Light" and Madonna
This is a sound sample from a commercial recording. Its inclusion here is claimed as fair use because:
- The sample shows the techno elements present in the track, as well as disco, trance, and Eurodance influences, especially in the composition section where the clip is present.
- Its usage in the Madonna biography article shows the singer utilizing the higher register of vocals, which is being critically discussed in the section where the sample is used.
- The clip illustrates an educational article about an artist that specifically discusses the song from which this sample was taken
- It is a sample of about 20 seconds from a much longer recording, and could not be used as a substitute for the original commercial recording; and
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted sample of comparable educational value.
- It is believed that this sample will not affect the value of the original work or limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute the original recording.
|This is a sound sample from a song, movie, sound effect, or other audio recording that is currently copyrighted. The copyright for it may be owned by the company who made it or the author. For a song, it may also be owned by the person(s) who performed it. It is believed that the use of this work qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law when used on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the U.S. by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation, where:
A more detailed fair use rationale should be provided by the user who uploaded this sample.
Any other uses of this sample, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. If you are the copyright holder of this sample and you feel that its use here does not fall under "fair use", please see Wikipedia:Copyright problems for information on how to proceed.
To the uploader: If this is a free, non-copyrighted audio recording, please post it to Wikimedia Commons instead. Fair use
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||02:45, 22 March 2010||30 s (278 KB)||Dawnseeker2000||Increase file length to 30 seconds (song over five minutes).|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
Transcode statusUpdate transcode status
|Completed 04:58, 25 December 2017||2.0 s|