The Embarcadero and Folsom station
Muni Metro train at The Embarcadero and Folsom station in 2017
|Location||The Embarcadero at Folsom Street|
San Francisco, California
|Line(s)||Muni Metro Extension|
|Platforms||1 high level island platform|
2 low level side platforms
|Connections||Muni: N Owl|
|Opened||January 10, 1998|
The Embarcadero and Folsom station is a Muni Metro light rail station located in the median of The Embarcadero between Folsom Street and Harrison Street in the Rincon Hill area of San Francisco, California. Muni Metro trains use a high-level island platform, while historic streetcars use a pair of side platforms (The Embarcadero and Harrison) at the southeast end of the station next to the Harrison Street grade crossing.
The station opened on January 10, 1998 as part of the Muni Metro Extension project. It was initially served by a temporary E Embarcadero line between Embarcadero station and 4th and King/Caltrain station. N Judah service replaced the shuttle service on August 22, 1998. T Third Street service began on April 7, 2007; N Judah service was initially cut back to Embarcadero station, with J Church service added at peak hours. On June 30, 2007, the J and N were restored to their previous configuration. E Embarcadero heritage streetcar service was added on August 1, 2015.
- "Muni metro extends". Railway Gazette. October 1, 1998.
- Rojas, David; Phillips, Eric (March 2011). "Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) Before/After Cost Effectiveness Study". Federal Transit Administration. p. 9.
- "Chapter 3: Third Street Light Rail". SFMTA FY2008-FY2027 Draft Short Range Transit Plan (PDF). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. January 15, 2008. p. 3-1.
- "Discover the T-Third" (PDF). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. 2007. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 14, 2007.
- "SFMTA announces service changes effective June 30, 2007" (Press release). San Francisco Transportation Agency. June 30, 2007. Archived from the original on June 24, 2007.
- "SFMTA Launches The E Embarcadero Historic Streetcar Line" (Press release). San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency. July 31, 2015.
Media related to The Embarcadero and Folsom station at Wikimedia Commons
- SFMTA - The Embarcadero & Folsom St: northbound, southbound
- SF Bay Transit (unofficial): The Embarcadero & Folsom St, The Embarcadero & Harrison St
|This San Francisco train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This San Francisco Municipal Railway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|