The foot-poundal (symbol: ft-pdl) is a unit of energy that is part of the foot-pound-second system of units, in Imperial units introduced in 1879, and is from the specialized subsystem of English Absolut (a coherent system).
The foot-poundal is equal to 1/32.174049 that of the more commonly used foot-pound force.
1 foot-poundal is equivalent to:
- 0.031081 ft•lbf
- 0.0421401100938048 J (exactly)
- 421401.100938048 erg (exactly)
- 0.0004 BTUIT
- 0.010065 calIT or 0.000 010 65 "food calorie" (kcal or Cal)
- 0.37297 inch-pound force (in•lbf)
- 5.96752 inch-ounce force (in•ozf)
- Edward F. Obert, Thermodynamics, McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1948.