|Part of Danish Gold Coast|
Ruins of Fort Fredensborg
Fort Fredensborg is situated along the Gulf of Guinea, in the Greater Accra Region in Old Ningo and was built in 1734. The Danish fort was once used as a slave trading station. However, with the abolition of the slave trade, it soon decayed such that by 1835 only one man was stationed in the fort ‘to maintain the flag’.
Fredensborg was already in a state of ruin when it was handed over to the British on 8 March 1850, along with other Danish possessions.
- "Fort Fredensborg, Old Ningo". Ghana Museums. Retrieved 28 September 2016.