|Founded||June 2007 (Fúzhōu)|
|Hong Kong|
South Korea
|Guido Krupinski (General Manager)|
|Products||Minivans, Multi Purpose Vehicles and Special Purpose Vehicles|
Number of employees
Fujian Motors Group
China Motor Corporation
Fujian Benz Automotive Co., Ltd., formerly Fujian Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd., is a light commercial vehicle manufacturing company based in Fúzhōu, and a joint venture between Daimler Vans Hong Kong Limited (a joint venture of Daimler AG and China Motor Corporation of Taiwan), BAIC Motor Corporation Limited (35%), and Fujian Motor Industry Group Co., Ltd (15%).
The company was founded in June 2007 as Fujian Daimler Automotive Co. by Fujian Motor Industry Group (50%), Daimler (34%) and China Motor Corp. (16%). It began construction of an assembly plant in the Qingkou Investment Zone, Fúzhōu in October 2007. The 660,000 square meter plant would cost over €200 million (US$284 million). With 2,800 employees, the plant has a capacity of 40,000 vehicles a year. For establishing of the joint venture and building the plant facilities, Fujian Motor Industry Group Company and the Hong Kong Daimler Vans Limited total invested €434,600,000.
In November, 2011, Sprinter was launched.
Fujian Benz covers 660,000 square meters, including 330,000 square meters for PhaseⅠand a construction area of 162,000 square meters. The company currently employs 1,600 workers.
At its production plant in Qinkou, Fujian Benz operates a product development center which covers approximately 11,000 square meters of built-up area, as well as a 53,000 square meter proving ground including a 1,400 meter circuit.[dead link] In an industrial park adjacent to the Qinkou production plant, Fujian Benz operates an EMC lab, an exhaust gas test lab, and a chassis dynamometers facility, which cover a combined built-up area of around 8,000 square meters.[dead link] The product development center, with a total investment of 500 million rmb, was put into operation in 2013.[dead link]
Fujian Benz currently produces the following vehicles:
- "Daimler starts building China van plant_Auto—China Economic Net". en.ce.cn. 23 Oct 2007. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Daimler Starts Building $284 Million China Van Plant". Bloomberg. 23 October 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Daimler launches US$300m joint venture in Fujian". www.chinadaily.com.cn. 23 Oct 2007. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Fujian Daimler produces first Mercedes-Benz Viano". Gasgoo. 17 April 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Chinese JV Fujian Daimler to change name to Fujian Benz". Gasgoo. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Daimler's van making JV changes its name to Fujian Benz". flanders-china chamber of commerce. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- "Daimler JV Opens Van Product Development Center in China". Fox Business. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Daimler van joint venture Fujian Benz Automotive Corporation opens new product development center in China". Daimler. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Fujianbenz official website". Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Foreign Brands". China Auto Web. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Official Website (in Chinese)