Fusion Media Group
|Predecessor||Fusion Media Network|
(Co-owned by Univision Communications & Disney-ABC Television Group)
Number of employees
|Divisions||Univision Story House|
|Website||Fusion Media Group|
The Fusion Media Group (FMG; formerly Fusion Media Network) is a division of Univision Communications. The company was launched in April 2016 after Univision bought out Disney's stake in Fusion through the Fusion Media Network joint venture between Univision & Disney-ABC. While Univision is focused on serving Hispanic America in Spanish, FMG is the company’s multi-platform, English language division dedicated to serving young, diverse America.
In July 2018, it was reported that Univision plans on selling the Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion. In April 2019, Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion were sold to Great Hill Partners. The sale was completed on April 8, 2019, with Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion being merged to form G/O Media, Inc.
FMG includes both online and television properties, with a combined digital reach of around 65.6 million people in May 2016.
- Univision Story House
- Gizmodo Media Group (formerly Gawker Media) (Fusion no longer owns)
- The Onion (owns 40%, managing partner)
- "Fusion Media Network, LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com.
- Steel, Emily (2016-04-21). "Univision Buys Out Disney's Stake in Fusion". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Bond, Shannon (2015-05-21). "Univision buys African-American news site The Root". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766.
- "Univision's Billionaire Chairman Sets His Sights on the U.S. Election". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Steinberg, Brian (2016-05-11). "Univision to Launch 'Story House' Production Studio". Variety. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Calderone, Michael (2016-08-18). "Gawker Media Was Saved, But Gawker.com Is Over". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- Spangler, Todd (2016-09-21). "Univision Hires News Corp's Raju Narisetti to Oversee Sites Acquired From Gawker Media". Variety. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Univision Hires News Corp Vet to Lead Former Gawker Media Sites". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Univision Looking to Sell Gizmodo, The Onion". Cablefax. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- Mullen, Benjamin (April 8, 2019). "Great Hill Partners Agrees to Acquire Gizmodo Media Group". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade; Hayes, Dade (8 April 2019). "Univision Finalizes Sale Of Former Gawker Portfolio And The Onion To Private Equity Firm Great Hill Partners". Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Univision Announces Sale of Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion to Great Hill Partners". Univision (Press release). 8 April 2019.
- Rodriquez, Rene (2016-07-24). "How a new TV network is trying to hook millennials of all kinds". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
|This article about a media company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|