GMAC Real Estate
|Fate||Acquired by Brookfield Asset Management|
In 2001, John Bearden was named president and CEO of GMAC Home Services, the parent company of GMAC Real Estate.
In 2002, the company ranked 6th in transaction volume among U.S. real estate companies.
In 2009, Brookfield merged the company into its Real Living division.
- "Real Living joins GMAC realty unit in merger". The Columbus Dispatch. November 11, 2009.
- "GMAC buys 'BH&G' real estate". Advertising Age. June 30, 1998.
- "John Bearden to lead GMAC Home Services". American City Business Journals. October 2, 2001.
- "Top 100 Ranked By Sales Volume". National Association of Realtors. July 1, 2002.
- "GMAC Real Estate Awards Newest Franchise to St. Louis Area Real Estate Veterans" (Press release). Business Wire. September 28, 2006.
- "GMAC Real Estate issues Cherry Creek franchise". American City Business Journals. January 11, 2006.
- "Brookfield Residential Property Services Acquires GMAC Home Services LLC" (Press release). Marketwired. September 23, 2008.
- "GMAC Real Estate to be renamed". Chicago Tribune. November 12, 2009.
- Funk, Josh (October 30, 2012). "Buffett's firm buys Prudential real estate network". San Diego Union Tribune. Associated Press.