|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
October 21, 2019
|Preceded by||Jim Eglinski|
|Born||Yellowhead County, Alberta, Canada|
|Political party||Conservative Party of Canada|
Soroka was born and raised near Evansburg, Alberta in Yellowhead County and attended Grand Trunk High School. Prior to his election Soroka served as mayor of Yellowhead County, Alberta since 2007, and as a county councillor for division one from 2004 to 2007. He resides on a farm near Evansburg, Alberta, his family's original homestead. He won the Conservative nomination for Yellowhead riding to replace the retiring incumbent, Jim Eglinski on October 14, 2018.
|2019 Canadian federal election: Yellowhead|
|** Preliminary results — Not yet official **|
|New Democratic||Kristine Bowman||3,898||7.0||-2.05|
|Veterans Coalition||Gordon Francey||108||0.2||-|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||55,968||100.0|
|Total rejected ballots||303|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- Gerald Soroka reflects on role as Yellowhead County Mayor Kushniruk, Cassie.The Weekly Anchor; Edson, Alta. [Edson, Alta]30 Sep 2019: A.6.
- Gerald Soroka announces candidacy for re-election as Mayor of Yellowhead County Mitchener, Deanna.The Weekly Anchor; Edson, Alta. [Edson, Alta]18 Sep 2017: A.9.
- Gerald Soroka wins Yellowhead nomination Moore, Ed.Edson Leader; Edson [Edson]22 Oct 2018: A.3.
- "List of confirmed candidates". Elections Canada. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "Election Night Results". Elections Canada. Retrieved November 6, 2019.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|