Gerardo Reyes (baseball)
|San Diego Padres – No. 64|
|Born: May 13, 1993|
Ciudad Victoria, Mexico
|April 12, 2019, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 16, 2019)
|Earned run average||9.00|
Reyes attended Hidalgo High School in Hidalgo, Texas. He attended Galveston College in Galveston, Texas. He appeared in four games his freshman season of 2013, but missed his sophomore season due to injury.
Reyes signed as an un-drafted free agent out of a tryout camp by the Tampa Bay Rays in 2014. He made his professional debut with the Hudson Valley Renegades of the Class A Short Season New York-Penn League, pitching to a 2–1 win-loss record with a 4.09 earned run average (ERA) in 33 innings pitched. In December of 2014, Reyes was traded to the San Diego Padres in a three team trade between Tampa Bay, San Diego and the Washington Nationals that included Wil Myers, Trea Turner, and Steven Souza among the eleven players traded. After missing the 2015 season, he split the 2016 season between the Fort Wayne TinCaps of the Class A Midwest League and the Lake Elsinore Storm of the Class A-Advanced California League, accumulating a 4–5 with a 3.59 ERA in 52 2⁄3 innings. He spent 2017 back with Lake Elsinore, going 3–3 with a 2.63 ERA in 61 2⁄3 innings. He split the 2018 season between Lake Elsinore and the San Antonio Missions of the Double-A Texas League, accumulating a 1–3 with a 2.77 ERA in 55 innings.
The Padres added him to their 40-man roster after the 2018 season. He opened the 2019 season with the El Paso Chihuahuas of the Triple-A Pacific Coast League. On April 12, 2019, he was promoted to the major leagues for the first time. He made his debut that night, pitching 2⁄3 innings in relief and earning the win.
- "Gerardo Reyes". baseball-reference.com. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Williams, Clay (August 8, 2013). "Hidalgo Alum To Play Baseball For Tampa Bay Rays Organization". valleycentral.com. CBS 4. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Todd, Jeff (December 19, 2014). "Padres Acquire Wil Myers In Three-Team Trade With Rays, Nats". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- Cassavell, AJ (November 20, 2018). "SD clears 40-man space with 3 deals; 4 DFA'd". MLB.com. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "Padres' Gerardo Reyes: Called up to big leagues". CBS Sports. April 12, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "San Diego Padres at Arizona Diamondbacks Box Score, April 12, 2019". Baseball reference. Retrieved April 13, 2019.