GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
|Traded as||BSE: 500660|
|Industry||Pharmaceuticals & healthcare|
|Mr. Annaswamy Vaidheesh, Vice President - South Asia & Managing Director, India|
|Products||Medicines and vaccines|
|Revenue||₹23.76 billion (US$340 million) (2011)|
|₹4.31 billion (US$62 million) (2011)|
Number of employees
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (BSE: 500660 NSE: GSKCONS) is an Indian subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc, one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. It is one of the oldest pharmaceuticals companies in India. Its product portfolio includes prescription medicines and vaccines. Its prescription medicines range across therapeutic areas such as anti-infectives, dermatology, gynaecology, diabetes, oncology, cardiovascular disease and respiratory diseases. It also offers a range of vaccines, for the prevention of hepatitis A, hepatitis B, invasive disease caused by H, influenzae, chickenpox, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, rotavirus, cervical cancer and others.
It was founded 13 November 1924 in India under the name of H.J.Foster & Co. Limited as an Agency House for distributing Baby Food Glaxo, Joseph Nathan & Co. In 1950, it changed its name to Laboratories (I) Ltd.
- "GSK appoints annaswamy vaidheesh as vice president for south asia". economictimes.com.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited - Company". Gsk-india.com. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited, Business Wire India, Press Releases, Dr. A Ramachandran". Businesswireindia.com. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "GSK Pharma plans more investments to support growth". The Hindu Business Line. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "GLAXOPHARMA History | GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd Company History & Profile". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 30 September 2010.