|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
for Medicine Hat—Cardston—Warner
|Assumed office |
October 24, 2016
|Preceded by||Jim Hillyer|
1958 (age 60–61)
Hanna, Alberta, Canada
|Residence||Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada|
|Alma mater||Hillcrest Christian College|
Glen Motz MP (born 1958) is a Canadian politician, who was re-elected for his second term to the House of Commons of Canada in the 2019 Canadian federal election on October 21, 2019. Motz's was first elected in a
Motz attended Hillcrest Christian College circa 1976 in Medicine Hat AB, which has since merged with the Mountain View Bible College to form the Rocky Mountain College, Calgary, an affiliate of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. He earned a Bachelor of Religious Education Degree from the Medicine Hat College in 1980. In that same year, Motz was called to his policing career in Medicine Hat.
In 2017, Glen Motz was promoted to Deputy Shadow Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
|Medicine Hat—Cardston—WarnerCanadian federal by-election, October 24, 2016: |
Due to the death of Jim Hillyer
|Christian Heritage||Rod Taylor||702||2.05|
|New Democratic||Beverly Ann Waege||353||1.03||-8.64|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||34,260||100.00||–|
|Total rejected ballots||-|
|Sources: Elections Canada|
- "Motz wins Medicine Hat-Cardston-Warner seat". The Lethbridge Herald - News and Sports from around Lethbridge. 2019-10-22. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- "Letter". Emergency Medicine News. 38 (5): 20. 2016-05. doi:10.1097/01.eem.0000483189.93790.38. ISSN 1054-0725. Check date values in:
- "Jim Hillyer's family says '13 years were a bonus' after cancer scare". Global News. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- "Conservative Glen Motz thanks Trudeau after winning Medicine Hat-Cardston-Warner byelection". CBC News, October 24, 2016.
- "Conservative Glen Motz rolls to byelection win". Medicine Hat News, October 24, 2016.
- "List of candidates Medicine Hat--Cardston--Warner (Alberta)".
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|