Golf Club Halt railway station (England)
|Golf Club Halt|
Golf Club Halt station
|Area||Brighton & Hove|
|Original company||Brighton and Dyke Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London, Brighton and South Coast Railway|
|1 January 1917||Closed|
|26 July 1920||Reopened|
|1 January 1939||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Golf Club Halt railway station, was a railway station in Hove, in East Sussex, England which opened in 1891 and closed in 1939.. The station served the Brighton & Hove Golf Club, established in 1887. As of 2018[update], the platform is still in situ, buried in undergrowth on private farmland.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Rowan Halt||London, Brighton and South Coast Railway
Brighton and Dyke Railway
- J T Howard Turner (1977). The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway Volume 1 Origins and Foundation. ISBN 0-7134-0275-X.
- H P White (1976). Forgotten Railways: South East England. ISBN 0-7153-7286-6.
- Harding, Peter A. The Dyke Branch Line. ISBN 0-9523458-5-4.
- Clark, Paul (1976). The Railways of Devil's Dyke. Crown Press Keighley Ltd. ISBN 0-902844-35-0.
- "Sussex Branch Lines - Two Branches and a Siding". Retrieved 9 September 2007.