Goshen Township, Washington County, Arkansas
Township of Goshen
Location of Goshen Township in Washington County
Location of Washington County in Arkansas
|• Total||30.8 sq mi (80 km2)|
|• Land||30.4 sq mi (79 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,273 ft (388 m)|
|• Density||54/sq mi (21/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||69788|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Goshen Township, Washington County, Arkansas|
Goshen Township is one of thirty-seven townships in Washington County, Arkansas, USA. As of the 2000 census, its total population was 1,656. The township contains the Town of Goshen and some surrounding unincorporated areas.
Goshen Township was established in 1878.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Goshen Township covers an area of 30.8 square miles (80 km2), with 30.4 square miles (79 km2) land and the remaining 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) water. Goshen Township was formed from parts of Richland Township and Brush Creek Township. Part of Goshen Township was given to Wyman Township near the end of the 19th century.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains three cemeteries: Culwell Cemetery, Mayfield Cemetery, and Oxford Bend Cemetery.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- Baker, Russell (1985). Arkansas Township Atlas 1819-1930. Hot Springs, AR: Arkansas Genealogical Society. p. 202. OCLC 11528205.
- "Township of Goshen, Washington County, Arkansas". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- History of Benton, Washington, Carroll, Madison, Crawford, Franklin, and Sebastian Counties, Arkansas. Higginson Book Company. 1889. p. 167.