Graeme Maxton at 8th Environment for Europe Ministerial Conference 9 June 2016, Batumi, Georgia
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Economist and writer|
Graeme Maxton is a British economist and writer. He is the author, or co-author, of five books on climate change, the economic system and the automotive industry.
Maxton was born in Edinburgh, Scotland and currently lives in Asia. Until 2018, he was the Secretary General of the Club of Rome based in Switzerland. He was previously regional director of the Economist Intelligence Unit in Asia, worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, Citigroup and American Express and was a visiting professor at Cass Business School between 1988 and 2002.
Maxton is the author of Change! Warum wir eine radikale Wende brauchen (Komlett-Media 2018). The book examines the link between the economic system and climate change. It has been published in German, Slovak and English.
He is also co-author with Jorgen Randers of Reinventing Prosperity (Greystone 2016) (German edition Ein Prozent ist genug, oekom Verlag 2016). The book has also been published in Ukrainian and Italian.
Maxton is the sole author of The End of Progress, How Modern Economics Has Failed Us (Wiley, 2011) which was nominated for the Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award. The book has been translated into Chinese, Czech , Romanian and German (Die Wachstumslüge), where it became a Spiegel top-20  best seller.
Maxton's books on the automotive industry, co-written with Dr John Wormald, include Time for a Model Change, which was Cambridge University Press's Feature Book of the Year in 2004 and Driving Over a Cliff, (Addison Wesley Longman, 1995), also nominated for the Financial Times Business Book of the Year Award.
Maxton is a regular contributor to the South China Morning Post and a number of other online and print publications.
- Change! Warum wir eine radikale Wende brauchen, Komplett-Media 2018
- Reinventing Prosperity: Managing Economic Growth to Reduce Unemployment, Inequality and Climate Change, Greystone Publishers, 2016
- Ein Prozent ist genug: Mit wenig Wachstum soziale Ungleichheit, Arbeitslosigkeit und Klimawandel bekämpfen, oekom Verlag, 2016
- Die Wachstumslüge: Warum wir alle die Welt nicht länger Politikern und Ökonomen überlassen dürfen, Münchner Verlagsgruppe GmbH, 2012
- KONEC POKROKU : aneb Jak nás moderní ekonomie zradila, Wolters Kluwer 2012
- The End of Progress, How Modern Economics Has Failed Us, Wiley 2011
- Time for a Model Change, Cambridge University Press, 2004, co-written with Dr John Wormald
- Driving Over A Cliff, Addison-Wesley Longman, 1995, co-written with Dr John Wormald
- CNN interview 2018 http://www.graememaxton.com/gpm/2018/04/02/30-minute-interview-with-graeme-on-cnn/
- SRF Interview 2018 https://www.srf.ch/play/tv/sternstunde-philosophie/video/graeme-maxton-schafft-sich-die-menschheit-bald-ab?id=79350c4d-3c96-4885-8043-6d10b28c9f93
- SRF English edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8So9n6Y8XX4
- Book Review: https://braveneweurope.com/change-why-we-need-a-radical-turnaround-by-graeme-maxton
Books.com Taiwan Retrieved 20 August 2012
- Spiegel Best-seller List Retrieved 24 July 2012