Graham Moore (footballer)
|Full name||Graham Moore|
|Date of birth||7 March 1941|
|Place of birth||Hengoed, Wales|
|Date of death||9 February 2016(aged 74)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Graham Moore (7 March 1941 – 9 February 2016) was a Welsh former footballer. During a 16-year playing career, he made over 400 appearances in The Football League, scoring 61 goals, and attained 21 caps for Wales.
In 1956, Moore joined Bargoed YMCA, where he spent one year playing for the club's under-16 side before he was spotted by Cardiff City, joining the club along with teammates Tommy Mills and Graham Franklin. After playing for a year in the reserve side, he made his debut for the club at 17, scoring a last-minute equaliser in a 2–2 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion in September 1958. The following year, he made 41 league appearances, helping Cardiff win promotion to Division One. With Cardiff struggling financially, Moore signed for Chelsea for £35,000 in December 1961, and helped the Blues win promotion to the First Division. He made 72 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 14 goals. In 1963 he was sold to Manchester United for £35,000.
His time at United was hampered by injuries and he left the club a year later after making 18 league appearances. Moore then joined Northampton Town, playing for the club in their only top-flight season, before playing for Charlton Athletic and Doncaster Rovers.
- Results list Wales' goal tally first.
|1.||17 October 1959||Ninian Park, Cardiff, Wales||England||1–1||1960 British Home Championship|
Awards and honours
- "Graham Moore". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Transfer Database. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- "Graham Moore wants Premier glory for Bluebirds". South Wales Echo. 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Hayes, Dean (2006). The Who's Who of Cardiff City. Breedon Books. ISBN 1-85983-462-0.
- Maurice Golesworth (1965). Soccer Who's Who. The Sportsmans Book Club.
- Hayes, Dean P. (2004). Wales The Complete Who's Who of Footballers Since 1946. Sutton Publishing Limited. ISBN 0-7509-3700-9.
- "BBC Wales Sport Personality winners". BBC Sport. BBC. 8 December 2008. Archived from the original on June 6, 2004. Retrieved 2013-12-27.