HSBC Bank India
|Subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc|
|Industry||Finance and Insurance|
|Founded||1853 (as Mercantile Bank of India, London and China)|
|Headquarters||Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Surendra Rosha |
Number of employees
|36,000 (as of June, 2018)|
HSBC Bank India, is an Indian subsidiary of UK-based HSBC Holdings plc, is a bank with its operational head office in Mumbai. It is a foreign bank under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and thus is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Commercial Banking
- Global Banking and Markets
HSBC Group members in India
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- HSBC Asset Management (India) Private Limited
- HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private Limited
- HSBC Professional Services (India) Private Limited
- HSBC Securities and Capital Markets (India) Private Limited
- HSBC Software Development (India) Private Limited
- HSBC InvestDirect (India) Limited
- HSBC InvestDirect Securities (India) Private Limited
- HSBC InvestDirect Financial Service (India) Limited
- HSBC Agency (India) Private Limited
- HSBC Global Shared Services (India) Private Limited
HSBC Technology India
HSBC Technology India (HTI), previously called HSBC Global Technology (GLT), is part of HSBC Technology, the Bank's technology function. HTI is located in Pune, India, and Hyderabad, India, with the former being the headquarters. HSBC Technology India has been in existence for over 15 years, and currently supports majority of the software products that make up the Bank's technology eco-system.
HTI is headed by Balasubramanian Ganesh, who is also global CIO for the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business, as well as Global Head of Application Development and Maintenance.
Apart from India, HSBC Technology centers are present in China, Malaysia, Poland, and Canada.
- "Stuart Milne named HSBC India CEO". Business Standard. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "HSBC's India headcount up by 1,000; US staff size down". The Hindu. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "HSBC in India - About HSBC". Retrieved 30 June 2016.