|Team principal(s)||Thomaz Aufrecht |
|Current series||FIA Formula 3 Championship|
|Former series||DTM |
|Current drivers|| Bent Viscaal |
2000-2003 2005 2006
2008-2010 2015 2018
2000: Bernd Schneider
2001: Bernd Schneider
2003: Bernd Schneider
2005: Gary Paffett
2006: Bernd Schneider
2010: Paul di Resta
2015: Pascal Wehrlein
2018: Gary Paffett
HWA was responsible for managing the AMG Mercedes team in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM). HWA AG was founded in 1999, and takes its name from Hans-Werner Aufrecht, who established AMG in 1967. Towards the end of 1998 Aufrecht sold a majority interest in AMG to DaimlerChrysler AG. As part of the process, the motor racing department and parts of the customised vehicles construction business were spun off and transferred to HWA AG.
HWA, currently managed by Thomaz Aufrecht, develops and builds the DTM racing cars and engines used by the HWA Team, and customer teams also competing in the DTM, such as Persson Motorsport and Mücke Motorsport. They also develop and build engines for Formula Three racing cars, based on Mercedes-Benz production engines.
It was announced on 9 May 2018 that HWA will join Formula E for the 2018-19 season. Their drivers will be Gary Paffett, their reigning DTM champion and former McLaren Formula One driver Stoffel Vandoorne.
In October 2018, HWA was named as one of ten teams that would make up the grid for the inaugural season of the newly rebranded FIA Formula 3 Championship. In January 2019, the team entered into a partnership with Arden International for the FIA Formula 2 Championship. On 16 October 2019 it was announced that HWA would take over Arden's entry completely for the 2020 Season following their withdrawal.
FIA Formula E Championship
|2018–19||Spark SRT05e||Venturi VFE05||M||ADR||MRK||SCL||MEX||HKG||SYX||RME||PAR||MCO||BER||BRN||NYC||44||9th|
|2019–20: Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team|
- † – Driver did not finish the race, but was classified as he completed over 90% of the race distance.
- * – Season still in progress.
FIA Formula 3 Championship
|FIA Formula 2 Championship||2020-|
|FIA Formula 3 Championship||2019-|
|Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters||2000–2018|
- About HWA
- "HWA AG join the Formula E grid for Season 5 – Formula E". www.fiaformulae.com. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Kalinauckas, Alex (8 October 2018). "HWA announces Paffett as first FE driver, reveals 2018/19 livery". Autosport.com. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- "Gary Paffett wins DTM title in spite of René Rast's six-pack". DTM.com. 14 October 2018. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Edmondson, Laurence (15 October 2018). "Vandoorne confirms Formula E move in 2019". ESPN.com. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Simmons, Marcus (October 12, 2018). "FIA Formula 3 2019 team list revealed, including Mercedes ally HWA". Autosport. Motorsport Network. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- "Arden International Motorsport and HWA RACELAB to initiate Formula 2 co-operation". January 21, 2019. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- "Redirect Notice". www.google.com. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HWA Team.|