Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School|
775 Bay Rd.
|Motto||"A Passion For Learning"|
|School district||Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and White|
|Athletics conference||Cape Ann League (CAL)|
$16,785 per pupil
|Website||HWRHS official website|
Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School (HWRHS) is a public high school in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, United States. It is the only high school in the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, which has its administrative offices in Wenham, Massachusetts. The school's athletic teams are called the Generals, named after General George S. Patton, who lived in Hamilton. Students' average SAT scores are above the state average and the school regularly sends top students to Ivy League schools. In 2010, Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School placed in the top 10% of Massachusetts schools, ranking number 12, according to the Boston Magazine's Annual "Best Schools" list. In 2011, Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School moved up to number 9 in Boston Magazine's "Best Schools" list.
- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Jazz Combo
- Concert Choir
- Kings of the Beach
- Dell Belles
The school is the home of "Harmony", a select vocal group. There is also a concert choir and a concert band, which is open to any student without audition. Also, there is a "Jazz Combo" and a "Jazz Band" open to students who audition.
Kings of the Beach, a co-ed a cappella group formed in 1997 at HWRHS. Kings use their voices to imitate instruments and to create harmonies.
Dell Belles, an a cappella group formed in 2001, is a solely female group. Both groups are student-run organizations.
The theatre program is an annual participant in the MSHDG One-Act Festival. Hamilton-Wenham has won at the state final round of the One-Act festival with their original productions. Theatre Workshop won in 2009 with "Wake Up, Jack" and in 2011 with "En Velo." In 2016, Hamilton-Wenham won state finals with their production of "WASP" by Steve Martin and attended the New England Festival.
Each year HWRHS sends multiple delegates to the Massachusetts Science and Engineering Fair.
- "Hamilton-Wenham Regional High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- 2016 Per Pupil Expenditures Report - Massachusetts Directory Profiles
- 2007 SAT Report (DISTRICT) - Massachusetts Directory Profiles Archived June 24, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Hamilton-Wenham High School ranks high on magazine’s ‘Best Schools’ list - Hamilton, MA - Hamilton-Wenham Chronicle Archived November 9, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- The Best Public Schools in Boston 2011: In the Classroom Archived July 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- David Morse (I) Archived October 22, 2016, at the Wayback Machine