The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Hanshin, while unrelated titles should be moved to Hanshin (disambiguation).
Hanshin (阪神, “Ōsaka-Kōbe”), derived from the second kanji from Ōsaka (大阪) and the first kanji from Kōbe (神戸) (but in on-reading instead of kun-reading), refers generally to the area between Osaka and Kobe in the Kansai region of Japan.
In the context of a region of Hyōgo Prefecture, the term is used to refer to the 8 small municipalities (Amagasaki, Ashiya, Inagawa, Itami, Kawanishi, Nishinomiya, Sanda and Takarazuka) located close to the northern coast of Osaka Bay between the two large cities of Kobe and Osaka. In some contexts, the eastern wards of Kobe (Higashinada and Nada) and Nishiyodagawa Ward of Osaka are also included.
The word is used in the name of the following entities or structures in the combined metropolitan area:
- Hanshin Industrial Region
- Hanshin Department Store, a chain of stores
- Hanshin Electric Railway, a company
- Hanshin Main Line, a railway line
- Hanshin Expressway, a network of tolled highways covering the region
- Hanshin Ports, a joint management organization for the two nearby ports of Kobe and Osaka, incorporated in October 2014, under the name of 'Kobe-Osaka International Port Corporation', integrating the Kobe Port Terminal Corporation and the Osaka Port Corporation, so as to strengthen their international competitiveness through effective port management ( http://hanshinport.co.jp/en/ )
- Hanshin Racecourse, a horse racetrack
- Hanshin Tigers, a professional baseball team in Nishinomiya
- Great Hanshin earthquake, in Kōbe, 1995
- Keihanshin, a macro-region including Kyōto (Kei-) and Hanshin
- Hanshinkan Modernism, the cultural and arts movement in the region during the early 20th century.
- All pages with titles containing Hanshin
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hanshin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.