Haydon Bridge High School
|Haydon Bridge High School|
|Department for Education URN||122328 Tables|
|Head teacher||Darren Glover|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Enrolment||357 as of October 2018[update]|
Haydon Bridge High School is a mixed secondary day school located in Haydon Bridge in the English county of Northumberland. The current headteacher is Darren Glover, who took over in April 2017. The headteacher from January 2011 to August 2014 was John Whittle.
It is a foundation school administered by Northumberland County Council, It is claimed to have the largest catchment area of any school in England, reputedly covering an area larger than that encompassed by the M25, the orbital motorway around London. In April 2016, Ofsted judged the school standards as "below par".
In a report published on December 10, 2014, the report by Ofsted described Haydon Bridge High School as "inadequate", and placed the school into special measures. Reports that followed remained inadequate in reports that were published in 2015 to 2017. In this time, in an attempt to get out of special measures, the school was acquired by the trust Bright Tribe, a multi academy trust, in October 2015.
Following this, a new IEB was brought onto the school, alongside new headteacher Darren Glover. Despite monitoring reports from Ofsted following the acquisition citing improvements were being made, in November 2017, Bright Tribe pulled out of their sponsorship of the school, as revealed in a blog post via Bright Tribe's official website.
Bright Tribe cited the school's continued financial deficit, and declining pupil numbers as reasons for the pull out, citing how it would impose financial risks towards the trust and other schools under Bright Tribe's ownership.
Notable former pupils
- Haydon Bridge High School. "Haydon Bridge High School". haydonbridgehigh.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "New principal installed at Haydon Bridge High". hexham-courant.co.uk. 3 April 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-12-08. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Alston headteacher moving on". cwherald.com. 17 December 2010. Archived from the original on 2017-10-18. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "School standards below par, says Ofsted". hexham-courant.co.uk. 28 April 2016. Archived from the original on 2017-12-08. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Haydon Bridge High School. "Curriculum". haydonbridgehigh.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2015-04-18.
|This Northumberland school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|