Henry Gassaway Davis House
Henry Gassaway Davis Mansion
|Location||15-17 Jones St. and 81 Second Street, Piedmont, West Virginia|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Built by||E.J. Fredlock Manufacturing Co.|
|Architectural style||Second Empire|
|NRHP reference #||08001239|
|Added to NRHP||December 19, 2008|
Henry Gassaway Davis House, also known as the Knights of Pythias Lafayette Lodge Number 3 and Calanthe Temple #8 Pythian Sisters, is a historic home located at Piedmont, Mineral County, West Virginia. It was built in 1871, for U.S. Senator and Vice Presidential nominee Henry G. Davis (1823-1916). It is a three bay, four story Second Empire style brick duplex. It has a simple mansard roof and 12 gabled pedimented dormer windows on the concave slopes. The front façade features dual stone and slate stairs, ascending to two centered paired six by nine foot framed one-story entry porches.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- John T. Francis and Kelly Wilson (June 2007). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Henry Gassaway Davis House" (PDF). State of West Virginia, West Virginia Division of Culture and History, Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2011-08-18.
|This article about a property in West Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|