Hercules Transit Center
Hercules Transit Center is a major commuter hub in the western Contra Costa County city of Hercules, California. It is anchored by WestCAT bus services. The center was originally on San Pablo Avenue. In August 2009, the transit center was relocated to the other side of I-80 with additional paid parking.
The transit center is a pulse (a timed and synchronized) transfer point for various local feeder bus lines from the adjacent areas of Hercules, Pinole, Rodeo, the northern Hilltop area of Richmond, Bayview-Montalvin, and Tara Hills.
The feeder services feed express commuter bus service to El Cerrito del Norte BART station in El Cerrito, downtown Martinez (the county seat) and Martinez Amtrak station. These services provide transfers to AC Transit at Richmond Parkway Transit Center, shopping areas at Hilltop Mall Shopping Center and Pinole Vista Shopping Center and transbay service to the San Francisco Transbay Terminal.
Studies have been concluded as to the feasibility of running BART service to the Transit Center.
The following bus services stop at the center:
- 10 Gems and Birds: Hercules
- 11 Crockett/Rodeo: Crockett via Rodeo
- 12 Trees and Flowers: Hercules
- 15 Viewpointe: Rodeo
- 19 Hilltop/Hercules: The Shops at Hilltop (Saturday service only)
- 30Z Martinez Link: Martinez Station
- C3 Contra Costa College
- Dial-a-ride General public dial-a-ride and paratransit service
- J Hercules/BART: El Cerrito del Norte Station
- JPX Hercules/BART: El Cerrito del Norte Station via Pinole Valley Road
- JX Hercules/BART: El Cerrito del Norte Station Non-Stop Express
- Lynx: San Francisco Transbay Terminal
- Radin, Rick (28 March 2017). "West Contra Costa studying I-80 corridor gridlock solutions". East Bay Times. Retrieved 9 April 2017.