High Sheriff of Cleveland
The county of Cleveland was formed from parts of the North Riding of Yorkshire and County Durham in 1974 by the Local Government Act 1972 and was served by its own High Sheriff, replacing the High Sheriff of Yorkshire and High Sheriff of County Durham. The county was abolished in 1996 and since that time various parts have been merged into the High Sheriff of North Yorkshire and High Sheriff of County Durham titles.
Below is a list of the sheriffs.
List of High Sheriffs
- 1974–1975 Frank Ogle Graham
- 1975–1976 George Arthur Bulwer Jenyns
- 1976–1977 John Ashton Pounder
- 1977–1978 Davidde Guise Walford
- 1978–1979 Richard Hoyle
- 1979–1980 James Rae Southall
- 1980–1981 Richard Thompson Pickersgill
- 1981–1982 John Hunter Peart
- 1982–1983 Charles Edward Shopland 
- 1983–1984 Richard Crosthwaite
- 1984–1985 Richard Neville Spark
- 1985–1986 James Michael Wright
- 1986–1987 Philip Niman
- 1987–1988 James Michael Catterall
- 1988–1989 Hannah Bloom
- 1989–1990 David Hunter Peart
- 1990–1991 Robert Michael Stewart
- 1991–1992 Malcolm Tutin D'Arcy
- 1992–1993 Graham Corlett Mitchell
- 1993–1994 David Manners
- 1994–1995 George Derek Saul
- 1995–1996 The Hon. David John Dugdale
- Omerod, W.M. (2000). The Lord Lieutenants & High Sheriffs of Yorkshire 1066-2000. Department of History of the University of York. ISBN 1-871647-74-6.
- "No. 48919". The London Gazette. 10 Mar 1982. p. 3495.