Hilgay railway station
|Original company||Lynn and Ely Railway|
East Anglian Railway
|Pre-grouping||Great Eastern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|25 October 1847||Opened as Hilgay Fen|
|1 October 1896||Renamed Hilgay|
|4 November 1963||Closed to passengers|
|13 July 1964||closed for freight|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Hiams Siding and Hiams Tramway
One mile south of Hilgay station, Hiams Siding provided an interchange with the narrow gauge Hiams Tramway, an agricultural tramway which extended 3km west on a zigzag alignment to the west across the fields of the Hiams Estate to Willow Glen Farm.
- On 1 June 1939, a passenger train was in collision with a lorry on an occupation crossing just north of the station and was derailed.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
Line and station open
|Great Eastern Railway
Line open, station closed
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Earnshaw, Alan (1990). Trains in Trouble: Vol. 6. Penryn: Atlantic Books. p. 21. ISBN 0-906899-37-0.