Home2 Suites by Hilton
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Extended Stay Hotel|
|Founder||Hilton Hotels Corporation|
Number of locations
|290 (as of December 31, 2018)|
|United States, Canada, Mexico|
Home2 Suites by Hilton is a more affordable, all-suite extended-stay hotel featuring contemporary accommodations and customizable guest room design. It will compete with Marriott TownePlace and InterContinental Hotels Group's Candlewood Suites. The Memphis, Tennessee-based hotel brand offers an affordable price point within the extended-stay segment, targeting both business and leisure travelers. Launched in January 2009, Home2 Suites by Hilton was the first new brand introduced by Hilton Worldwide in 20 years. As of December 31, 2018, it has 290 properties with 30,125 rooms, including two that are managed with 198 rooms and 288 that are franchised with 29,927 rooms
Home2 Suites by Hilton opened its first property in Fayetteville, North Carolina in February 2011. It opened its 50th hotel in 2015.
Design and construction
Home2 Suites interiors and exteriors were originally designed by Cincinnati-based design, architecture and brand strategy firm FRCH Design Worldwide. The majority of Home2 Suites hotels will be new constructions and follow a standard layout and design model. Properties are constructed in less than one year and usually feature 108 suites, 56,658 total square feet of property, 4,200 square feet (390 m2) of community space, 323-square-foot (30.0 m2) studios, 490-square-foot (46 m2) one-bedroom suites, a four-story wood frame construction and a building footprint of under 2 acres (8,100 m2).
All Home2 Suites properties feature an open lobby area with an approximately 4,200-square-foot (390 m2) community space called the "Oasis." This is designed to create an environment where guests can socialize, and includes communal and individual work zones, a 52" flat-screen TV and a complimentary "Inspired Table" breakfast service with a variety of customizable options. Other features of the Oasis include the Home2 MKT stocked with grab-and-go items, the Spin2 Cycle combined laundry and fitness area, and a business zone offering computers, wireless printing and complimentary Wi-Fi access.
Sustainability is a key design feature and point of emphasis for Home2 Suites, with the brand incorporating various environmentally conscious operations and amenities into each hotel. Guest suites feature low-flow showers and faucets, compact fluorescent light bulbs, dual-flush toilets, biodegradable food trays, recycled flooring and carpet tiles, Energy Star appliances, bulk bath amenities and other sustainable product selections. In addition, each hotel features a saline-based pool, surfaces made from recycled content, and landscaping that includes indigenous-only plants to minimize water usage and irrigation needs. Home2 Suites hotels will also incorporate Hilton Worldwide's LightStay system, which measures energy use, water consumption, waste and carbon output to help minimize the environmental impact of each property. The Home2 Suites in Lexington Park, Maryland is the brand's first LEED-certified property.
- http://newsroom.hilton.com/home2suites/news/33388. Missing or empty
- "Bill Duncan: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg.
- Sheivachman, A. (March 18, 2011). "Hilton looks to future at Home2 Suites grand opening". Hotel & Motel Management.
- De Lollis, B. (February 7, 2011). "Hilton opens first Home2 Suites extended stay hotel". USA Today. USAToday.Travel.
- Sainz, A. (February 2, 2011). "Hilton opening first new brand in 20 years". Associated Press.
- "Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando South Park Opens". Hilton Press Center. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- Olivo, B. (September 8, 2010). "South Texas Building slated to house Home2 Suites". San Antonio Express-News.
- "Home2 Suites arrives". Lodging. January 7, 2011.
- Holmes, A. (October 4, 2010). "Hilton opens its first Jacksonville location". Jacksonville Daily News.
- Zennie, M (February 4, 2011). "Fayetteville's new hotel has a different approach". Fayetteville Observer.
- Hasek, G. (March 18, 2011). "My first impressions after visiting Hilton Worldwide's first Home2 Suites hotel". Green Lodging News.
- Higley, J. (March 17, 2011). "Home2 Suites: Is it extended-stay?". HotelNewsNow.com.