|San Francisco Giants|
|Born: June 25, 1998|
Palo Alto, California
Bishop attended Junípero Serra High School in San Mateo, California. He played both baseball and football in high school. He originally committed to play college football at the University of Washington, but instead decided to play college baseball at Arizona State University. Bishop was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 24th round of the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign.
As a freshman at Arizona State, Bishop batted .301/.363/.484 with five home runs and 25 runs batted in (RBI) over 51 games. As a sophomore in 2018, he started played in 49 games, hitting .250/.352/.407 with five home runs and 26 RBI.
Bishop was considered one of the top prospects for the 2019 Major League Baseball draft. He was selected by the San Francisco Giants with the tenth overall pick. Bishop officially signed with the Giants on June 29, 2019 for $4,100,000.
- "Prep baseball: Serra's Bishop carving out own identity". 29 July 2015.
- "Baseball: Nationally-ranked prospect from Serra faces another decision". 4 May 2016.
- "Huskies get commitment from receiver Hunter Bishop, brother of former UW baseball star Braden Bishop". The Seattle Times. 8 December 2015.
- "Prep baseball: It's baseball at Arizona State for Serra's Hunter Bishop". 22 January 2016.
- Staff, Terry Bernal Daily Journal. "Hunter Bishop in thick of Cape Cod playoffs". San Mateo Daily Journal.
- "MLB.com 2019 Prospect Watch". Major League Baseball.
- Thompson, Elaine. "Braden Bishop is a top hitter for Mariners this spring. And he's not the only Bishop lighting it up". thenewstribune.